How many rounds do you carry?

If I’m caught in that kind of rioting, I am in the wrong place at the wrong time with the wrong people. I make plans to avoid being the next Kyle Rittenhouse by avoiding those situations.
I live in a small town not close to any city. My neighbors and I will take care of each other.

3 Likes

I usually carry 15 rounds in My Sig SP2022 and when I wear my Versa Carry Holster, I have a spare mag with another 15.

3 Likes

Hi @Beau2 . Welcome to the Community !

Grest choice with SIG SP2022… looks Glockish in that holster, but I like it :+1: :smiling_imp:

3 Likes

That’s what I get for using a stock photo😆

3 Likes

:wink:
Why the heck every stock photo has to be destroyed by adding this “thing” :smirk:

4 Likes

“Into the Fray” with this one. 6+ 1 in the pistol and 2 - 7 round mags on other side . So 21 total. If in Mass shooter situation, could be a little light…

2 Likes

This week, I will be carrying a little extra ammo!

4 Likes

Because they sold all the S&W’s😀

3 Likes

Have likely replied to this before, however, I have more to say.

1. To the OP question, how many rounds - as many as I possibly can given the firearm(s) and wardrobe for a given day. Typically that means 28 rds of 9mm, and 17 of 45acp

2. I used to carry spare mags inside cargo pockets, sometimes even front pockets of jeans. However, that is NOT a fast reload place for a mag, so, I now use belt mag holders for the 1st spare mag. If I desire to have more spare mags, those go in a cargo pocket or other…

Lastly, I hope to God I never empty the first mag in order to need a spare, but I’m a “just in case of (x)” logic sort of man…rather have it and not need it than other way around.

Since this thread constantly has some response going, thought i’d speak up once more about having learned my lesson that pocket carry for spare mags is just not optimal. I knew it, did it anyway, have now corrected it.

5 Likes

Here is a link to some mag carriers so your mags won’t slip to the bottom of you jeans pocket.

2 Likes

I’ve been playing with the idea of getting a JMcustom mag carrier :thinking:. I like their holsters.

Lately I have not been carrying a spare mag. I know it’s a good practice to carry a spare mag, but I’m better about clipping one thing on than 2.

1 Like

I carry more now then I did in April of 2020. :us:
And I live in a “normal” section of WI.

3 Likes

You are likely to never need the second mag, so do what feels right to you.

Mike Phillips

2 Likes

We are likely to never “need” a firearm to begin with, so we all are doing what “feels right to us”.

3 Likes

Since I moved to full size carry, I have stopped carrying a spare all of the time. I do think a spare is good practice for malfunctions, but I also use quality mags I have never had a problem with. If I carry a small gun I like to have a spare mag.

I could always carry a spare in case of a malfunction, but then I could always carry 2 spares and some loose rounds “just to be safe”.

Like y’all said, it’s all about what your comfortable with.

3 Likes

Looks like my night stand drawer… but they’re a couple extra on top at bedtime :grin:

2 Likes

15+15 & 30 + 120

2 Likes

90% of the time I carry my Glock 43X appendix with a Shield Arms mag in the gun and a spare on my belt giving me 31 rounds of Hornady Critical Duty 9mm. My other edc is my Glock 32. Both have Holosun green/red dot sights on them.

2 Likes

I agree, I’m retired US Army Infantry, an Ex-LEO/SWAT, so I know where your coming from an to add to this. In the Army an as an LEO we were taught once there is a lull in the fight, first thing you do is a reload to insure you have a fully loaded weapon incase it starts up again. Now you can call this a tactical reload or what ever, but its the same. RE-LOAD, top that firearm off, last thing you want is to be re engaged an find yourself with only one or two bullets in the mag. Yes lots of folks carry a spare for incase the mag in the weapon fails or some other type of failure where the mag has to be removed an replaced. I do carry for that reason, but also to insure that my firearm stays fully loaded ready for battle. I know battle can be a bad word but any gunfight is just that a battle. So for me I carry two spare mags minimum regardless of caliber, and it doesnt matter how many rounds I fire the first time I’m going to reload as soon as I can.
As to police shootings an their %'s, you are correct. When I went into law enforcement I was scared after my first range with all who were in our academy. Out of 30 only one other was ex military an he couldn’t shoot well either. Even after all the “training” they provided it was still bad. Requirements were 70% to pass, out of 60rds fired thats only roughly 40 on target, an most of those hits were not what I would call fight stoppers. I looked at it this way if you couldn’t put all your shots into the lungs/heart/head an score 100% you had no reason to be on the street carrying a firearm to protect yourself or others. I’ve always prided myself with shooting 100%, not trying to brag, an anyone wants to see my shooting history I keep records an awards both military an civilian! This includes being able to hit a moving target. I know this may tick off som e on here who are LEO, but it is what it is, an it usually means someone isn’t spending enough time on the range practicing their basic’s before working on advanced skills of armed combat. While in the military I took every shooting course I could, plus spent my own time on the range with personal weapons, as a LEO even before getting onto SWAT I would go to the range a minimum of every two weeks an burn over 200+ rnds in my primary an BUG/off duty gun each, usually more. Plus anytime I went I would offer to take anyone who wanted to go to shoot with me, an help them if they wanted, same went for my time in service. I look at it this way if your in the Military or LEO you should be 100% competent with your weapon, especially LEO its not just a part of your uniform like your badge, along with your brain its your primary tool in law enforcement, if it wasn’t they wouldn’t give you one!!

4 Likes

Thank you for your service