How many rounds do you carry?

Don’t I know it! If I took off to go fishing by myself she would be soo mad at me!

3 Likes

Found John from Active Self Protect doesn’t carry a spare mag often. Thought that was interesting.

1 Like

1 magazine+1 round.

2 Likes

67-96 retired.

2 Likes

WARNING! Graphic video content.

Youtube will make you acknowledge you are over 18 to view the content. Not sure how long the video may stay up.

Setting aside the “commentary” from the filmer of the video (honestly, just mute it is the best choice). Police officer and the assailant start out only a few feet apart (bad tactics on cop, IMO). Assailant starts advancing with a stick, police officer gives a lot of ground, and takes several whacks from that stick before finally shooting.

I counted 12 rounds fired before the threat stopped. In a state that is mag capacity limited, you would definitely have had to reload with the guy still advancing.

I don’t post this to necessarily advocate carrying 120rounds of ammo, but to be aware that sometimes… stopping the threat requires a lot of rounds. If you carry less, what can you do in this type of situation? Certainly, hand2hand (the assailant had a large stick) is an option, he was close enough where maybe a better aimed shot to CNS would have provided better results, or perhaps a larger caliber would have been more effective. Just things to think about.

Last chance to keep scrolling, link to youtube video is in spoilers below…

WARNING! Graphic video content.

Link to Youtube

5 Likes

great video @Harvey . Not something I would like to see everyday, but nothing speaks better than seeing something on own eyes.

Not only 12 rounds… He didn’t even tried to do Mozambique drill (failure to stop) which most of defensive shooters like…
Good lesson here.

3 Likes

He didn’t even try to distance himself from the perp. Luckily, only struck with a stick.

3 Likes

I recently started carrying my new Glock 43x MOS with Holosun 507k, I carry with 11 in gun and a 10rd reload. When I have to travel out of town I carry my Gen 5 Glock 19 MOS with 16 in gun and a Glock 17 mag for a reload.

2 Likes

I carry 28 for my Sig P365. 1, 12-round mag (with one in the pipe), and a 15-round back-up mag.

5 Likes

It only takes one.

1 Like

Yeah, but which one?

3 Likes

my opinion, round count carried is personal preference, as many as an individual feels needed to get to that one. No right or wrong answer.

6 Likes

My Canik holds 20+1, and while I do have a spare 20 round magazine, I usually don’t carry it. I know I should, but I seldom think of it. I do switch out magazines though, and every other month or so I unload them, and then reload to keep from having the same round in the chamber always.

4 Likes

So you would be perfectly fine carrying a single shot?

1 Like

Maybe😉

4 Likes

Especially if the BGs are standing front-to-back in a straight line. :laughing:

3 Likes

I saw this yesterday, but I didn’t see the caliber until now :man_facepalming:t2::joy:, I bet that is not fun to shoot :rofl::joy:

1 Like

That looks painful. Though even if you miss you are at least likely to blow out the eardrums of your target, as well as your own:/

2 Likes

Carrying 1 shot is still better than having a full mag somewhere else.

1 Like

I posted above what I personally carry if you scroll up, everyone has a right to carry whatever makes them feel comfortable.

4 Likes