How Many People Live in Condition White?

I was at the U of I yesterday and I was amazed at the number of people who were in condition white. The driving laws on campus make the drivers responsible to yield to pedestrians, so the students don’t even look up from their phones when the cross the street right into traffic.

2 Likes

Welcome to a typical Campus :face_with_monocle:

2 Likes

The university here has a policy if you hit one of the students here, regardless if they were paying attention or not, you the one in car gets to pay their tuition. I think it’s stupid.

1 Like

I’m in condition yellow 24/7 even when asleep. 99% of people around me are in condition oblivious! Mindless zombies, the really sad thing is we allow them to vote, drive and own a phone. Personally I think phones usage kills more people than any AR-15. There should be phone free zones. It’s called the highway, streets, avenues etc. Have you noticed traffic accidents, there are no skid marks anywhere. What does that tell you?

3 Likes

I guess you could say I am in burnt orange almost all the time,that is between yellow and orange,walking down sidewalks with stores with windows,I continuously look at the reflections of what is around me and at corners,I always walk to the road side so I have a full view of what is around the corner, and my eyes are continuously are moving and make full use of my peripheral vision. I learned that in Nam and it is natural to me and I do train my motor memory constantly,as the saying goes if you don’t user it,you lose it Call me paranoid if you want,but I refuse to be a victim1

2 Likes

How do you get your dog to leave the earbuds in?
I crack myself up.

5 Likes

I used to work with a gal who (walking in from the parking lot at work and looking at her phone) walked right into a metal sign post and gave herself a black eye and a cut above the brow. If there is a condition more oblivious to the world than condition white, she set up a tent there.

2 Likes

@Aaron25 - that’s a good point. What’s more oblivious than white? Is there a condition grey?

2 Likes

Duct tape, but she really enjoys the music.

4 Likes

How many students run out in front of cars there?

2 Likes

They don’t look, they walk out in front of you. Even if there’s not a crosswalk.

1 Like

lol–nice. I’ll try with my bonehead lab. :wink:

@OldGnome Yes there’s a grey condition, solution Grecian Formula hair color, but no condition grey on the awareness chart.
:scream::scream::nerd_face::nerd_face:

4 Likes

Same here in Naperville, IL on a street called Maple Ave. College kids walk out or run out across the street when they’re late for class I have seen them run out between parked cars then get indignant when you beep the horn at them because you’re driving through a state approved Quiet Zone kids have to study

4 Likes

My kid in college broke a 2nd set of cheap wireless ear buds so I sent him my Anker Ear Buds. I used this opportunity to by Aftershokx Air. These use bone conducting technology and are not in ear design. They don’t sound bad! Now I can really hear my surroundings! I can report back after a few weeks of use. Right now I’m just using them at my desk.

1 Like

I voted 75% because that is what I observe. I work in a University town and the vast majority of students never look up from their phones.
Also for years I have said I hate going to places like Walmart because people act like they are the only living beings, they will ram their cart into you even though it appears they are looking right at you. Apparently right through you would be more accurate.
Most of the general public are woefully unaware of anything but themselves.

2 Likes

Without question the cell phone, iPod, and yes the Walkman for those of us that remember…are all contributors to a high percentage of condition white behavior. My wife and I go on several mile hikes on trails in wooded areas. We frequently see people walking, running, and hiking alone with their headphones in and clearly unaware of their surroundings and unable to hear anything around them. I tend to be in condition yellow primarily, depending on my location.

2 Likes

How are the new headphones?

1 Like

I never have my phone on me. Purposely leave it at home. My wife gets so pissed (condition red).

1 Like

:joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy:

2 Likes