How Many Guns Do You Have?

Really. That’s very interesting. I’ve always marveled at how the CDC has had statistical oversight over “gun violence.” Seems like that (whatever it really is) should fall somewhere else. The implication is “gun violence” is a medical issue, a causative disease.

Have I put quotation marks around “gun violence” enough in this reply? Did anyone see the multi-car pileup on the interstate last week? A clear case of “motor vehicle violence.”

4 Likes

If I remember right I think it was a VA doctor or maybe a university campus doctor. Once I mentioned something about a gun yo my doc who nearly fell out of her chair. I said it’s only for target shooting at the range. She gave me free locks for a few of my guns. :rofl:

2 Likes

Another answer is : Do you want to rob my house?

3 Likes

According to me or my wife? 2 totally opposite answers and I think you know who says what.

3 Likes

That’s a lie! :sunglasses:

2 Likes

I once went to my doctor with a work related injury. In the course of the visit, he asked me if I owned any guns. Faking alarm, I asked, “why, do you see a bullet hole in me??” Answer: “Well, no…” I asked, “Do you own any guns?” Insulted tone: “No, I do NOT!” Me:" So why would you want to know that?" Answer: “Well, if you did, I could counsel you…” I interrupted: "I spent 3 years, active duty in the military. What could you possibly “counsel” me about when you know little or nothing about firearms?!? How about we take care of the injury I have and leave off on irrelevant subjects!’ The conversation kind of dried up at that point, but he bandaged my boo-boo.

8 Likes

That is my answer as well. I am not married to my doctor so he has no freaking need to know, nor does anyone else.

4 Likes

I never lie.

… this way we build Great Nation… :sunglasses:

2 Likes

I have enough to effectively protect myself… For all the “ban/confiscate everything” people that will surely read this, we’ll say I only have one :eyes:

3 Likes

LOL, My Doctor is a Recon Corpsman. If we had this discussion it would be because he is just excited about going to the gun range as I am. Choose your doctors wisely. Of course, he told me to take 800 Mg of Ibuprofen and rub some dirt on it. I had a knee replacement a couple years ago. He also chewed my ass out for saying I was a former Marine! He said there is no such thing as a former Marine, Once a Marine, Always a Marine! Semper Fidelis Devil Dogs!

4 Likes

@Todd30
My dentist passed away earlier this year.
He was given a glowing obituary and that’s when I found out he was a great friend of the hunting community. Now, recalling the duck and geese paintings that adorned his office, it’s beginning to make sense.

5 Likes

That’s the danger we have today, people who live imperfect lives like us, but who may have authority to declare gun owners cannot be trusted to own any firearms.

4 Likes

My mother had the same cure when I was little. Funny, she never mentioned being a Recon Marine or having taught any. Somehow, the word must have gotten out…

4 Likes

One less than I need!

3 Likes

I will also diplomatically answer - not enough. There are no such things as too many guns or too much ammo.

3 Likes

:wink:
In medical field they call it: “hoarding disorder” :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

4 Likes

So, when a millionaire has more money than he or she can spend they have this disorder? Just asking if they need our help.

3 Likes

Yeah… of course he has.
Have you ever met a millionaire who said “that’s enough, I don’t want more money” ? :wink:
I knew a lot of people who earned huge money and they never stopped… it’s addiction. I wrote “knew”… because I didn’t want to have them around me anymore.
And yes. I can say, most (I hope not all of them) of such people have “hoarding disorder” or “compulsive hoarding”.

3 Likes

“up to a certain point, you control your money. After that point, your money controls you.” I have enough money to stay warm, dry and fed. I also have good friends that I can trust and have no interest in how much money I have or how to take it from me. Can million/billionaires say the same thing? On these points, I consider myself richer than they are.

3 Likes

Not sure, let me ask my wife.

2 Likes