How many carry guns?

I dress to conceal it, in the woods. I would carry it more, but, a 6 inch barrel .357 mag Ruger is a challenge. Overall length is 11 1/2 inches, and it weighs 3 lbs unloaded.

5 Likes

limited by maximum allowed by issuing authority (County sheriff): three, listed by serial number on permit.

If I could conveniently carry three, I would.

3 Likes

I read it as X=N+1

X = Number of Firearms to carry

N = Need

:blush:

3 Likes

Still two unknown variables lol

5 Likes

Really only one unknown variable.
‘X’ is a dependent variable.
It is only unknown until you solve for ‘N’.

2 Likes

I think what you’re looking for is:

X = ideal number of firearms
N = Your current number of firearms

3 Likes

I prefer X = number of firearms I want/need, where N = current number I have. The +1 is self-explanatory. :grinning:

3 Likes

I will dispute the equation, you want to be really well trained with your carry guns, weight, recoil, tactile, trigger reset, all the particulars. You cant do that with N+1. These are not like watches or cuff links.

3 Likes

The point being, I will decide how many I need. No one else.

9 Likes

To an extent, yes.

But, at the same time, one could have a large number of pistols that all behave and operate very similarly, such that the person could reach and grab/draw any one of them, and achieve very good results. For example, I have my share of different guns I carry and switch between, but they are all polymer frame striker fired 9mm semi autos with similar grip angles and no manual safety.

As long as you don’t go randomly mixing DA/SA, DAO, striker, safety, no safety, safeties that go different directions, decocker, no decocker, etc, they kind of are like watches IME. Different, but basically the same user interface.

More like going from driving an F150, to a Chevy 1500, to a Tundra, all with the same cab size and wheelbase, all the same drive type, all automatics with the shifter in the same spot. But if you go and throw in a little old Ranger with a stick and then an F350 Dually and then a Corvette

6 Likes

X=X+1 is the simplest equation to be used here.
No matter what the X is, you always get one more.
:wink:

Please don’t tell my Wife about my favorite math phenomena :grimacing:

6 Likes

Two is one and one is none, as a wise man once said. :+1:

5 Likes

Not to mention all those sticky glazed doughnut crumbs :smirk:

2 Likes

The guy who runs the baby formula company should pay attention :smirk:

2 Likes

Winsan, you asked - “how many conceal carry guns does a person need?”

That kinda like asking my wife how many pairs of shoes she needs. I don’t ask anymore cuz last time I asked it didn’t go well :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

5 Likes

More is better.

6 Likes

Agreed!!! @Mark711 Welcome to our community, we are glad to have you here. :us:

3 Likes

Welcome @Mark711!

1 Like

Heard someone say once “Only just one more”. :nerd_face:

3 Likes

Yeah, I say that after each one. I am a pathological liar.

2 Likes