How long is this ammo shortage going to last?

We have to ask those, who keep and hide Covid19 vaccine. :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

1 Like

Next summer at the earliest, IMO.

We need crisis to stop happening. That means less riots, less COVID, less murder hornets, etc. If we get a renewed series of riots after the election (I can see several scenarios no matter who wins), ammo will continue to fly off shelves as fast as it can be stocked (at high prices) further pushing back any return to normal.

If it is calm after the elections, and people start to feel (relatively) safe again, then we start on the path where ammo manufacturers and distributors catch up the supply chain, and only after that is done a and production levels go back to “normal” will prices also start to come back down to previous levels.

Extra funny because it’s PROBABLY not false. :wink:

4 Likes

SGM has 556 right now for the wonderous price of $.85 a round (I’ve seen worse).

1 Like

Is that the IMI M193? It’s good stuff. About 2-3 weeks ago they had 500rnd cases of it avail for $0.60/cpr and individual boxes for $0.85/cpr.

3 Likes

It sure is. Thanks for the info. I’ll contemplate picking up 100rds

1 Like

Ammo shortage? What ammo shortage? Have not bought but a few boxes of special very odd caliber ammo in the last couple of years.
Maybe I can retire on my investment in brass, lead and cellulite?

1 Like

If you don’t mind the big cash outlay for a case, MidwayUSA has a 1200rnd case for $650 ($0.57 per round). Its’ the same one that SGAmmo is selling.

1 Like

If the communists actually wins, don’t count on ammo even being produced, except in China!

2 Likes

The way this election looks like it’s going, get it while you can :grimacing:

3 Likes

For what? Are we actually going to do something about it, defending your own life is against the law!

1 Like

From the looks of things, AT LEAST 4 more years.

3 Likes

I look every day & night, searching, and find 9mm & 45acp, good brands, some way overprices, some at pretty much regular prices.

1 Like

Hate to be the negative Nancy. But I don’t believe we’ll ever see ammo prices bottom out the way it did during the Trump years. I remember buying 9mm fiochi, federal, blazer, 1000 rounds, for $0.14/rnd after rebate. I wouldn’t be surprised if I never pay that little for 9mm again long as I live.

2 Likes

To me, still an interesting topic, as it has a significant affect on us. I was surprised at the sheer volume of new posts on this topic alone, might I suggest we combine some of them into one?

I remember vividly, when the Pandemic first struck, one day waiting in a long line out in the freezing cold, outside my favorite range shop, making friends with those in line, encouraging them to join 2A organizations; As the next day I became severely ill, but could not obtain a Covid test at the time; Although I have since recovered.

Today, I found some other perspectives via two articles about the shortages - which I had not seen before. I attached them below. One focuses on the 2020 sales increase; The numbers were staggering to me; One article/video sheds light via the example of the .38 Special, perhaps adding insight.

As much as they are “hard to take”, I hope you enjoy them and “hunker down”. I try to remain optimistic, in that as time goes on, we will get further away from the perfect storm of a Global Pandemic, turmoil, and heated election seasons.

Although part of the fall out was this (hopefully temporary) shortage, increasing the number of our community might have required the shortages, like growing pains, possibly more than well worth the sacrifice. Might that even lead to more 2A supporters in “office”?

1 Like

Still interesting. Your post alone, 53,000+ views, and there are even other sub-posts on similar topics. Having an affect on us, I stumbled across this brief video below. Nothing earth-shattering, guessing he taped it around Dec. 2020. However, the gentleman made me think about one influence I naively and humbly had not thought as much about, and that is among the many different valid mathematical and economic theories – a different kind of influencer, “fear”, namely - the fear of laws changing due to different officials in elected office: