How long has it been since you've been to the range?

Pun intended? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Didn’t go last week…for me, that’s news. Shot air rifles in the yard yesterday, had to re zero the .177, wasn’t sure as I was shooting a steel plate, and I swear the gun has a 3 stage trigger, maybe even 4 lol, but hit the soda can the last 2 shots at 50 yards, so good enuf. Then shot the .22 cal, and seemed like it was pretty close to last year.
The squirrels were looking nervous.

5 Likes

There now, first 100 rounds of .22 down the pipes. It’s.22lr day, pistol/ rifle. Brought about 900 rounds,but don’t think I’ll go through it all.

4 Likes

Just wrapping up. Finally getting to try out and sight in the 300blk I put together. Aero upper with a 10” barrel on a basic lower and parts kit with a cheap, heavy but polished milspec trigger. Inexpensive red dot sight.

25 yards from a rest. The first shot low right was before I made my final adjustment. The rest are a 6 shot group just a hair below where I want them to be so I am zeroed at 50 and 100m. Looks like I have a winner:)

7 Likes

I believe those magazines are phosphate coated and supposed to have better protection from the environment🤷🏼‍♂️

3 Likes

What powder are you using in 45?

3 Likes

I have to be careful when I fire mine up. I built it with 230,000 copper windings and power it with ten of those 6 volt lantern batteries with the springs on top. Anyway this old fart was babbling on about how it wouldn’t work and I guess he had a bunch of fillings in his molars. So when it energized he was still talking and it caused him to nearly bite his tongue off.

4 Likes

sweetd

3 Likes

Been reading through old posts.
What would be a good 22 conversion to look into?

Found this interesting too!

3 Likes

For Glock, I really like my Advantage Arms kit. I believe they make kits for G17 and 19, gen 3 and 4.
I have the gen 3 17 conversion. Funny how the first thing in the instructions in BIG PRINT says not to use Remington T’bolt…but that cheap stuff outperforms mini-mags in my experience.

4 Likes

I don’t like because I said so rules.

I could see something like don’t use stingers because the brass is longer…

4 Likes

Yeah, got the kit and was an “oh crud” moment as I had 10k rounds of T’bolt, and no more than 2800 rounds of any other .22lr (2 “buckets of golden bullets” my second largest pile, then 1-2k each of about 6 other types).
So far, the T’bolt runs the best, and runs really well in that gun.

4 Likes

Red dot

4 Likes

Classic!

3 Likes

Just back from the range, since joining one locally. Im getting my money out of it, tested some bulk 22lr and found it shoots within an inch at 50yrds… Time to stock up on some of that…

6 Likes

@Johnnyq60 >> I don’t go every day now cause of Shortages. I just back into archery. Even with a few more doodads it’s still cheeper and, I have a range in my yard, no gas to get there. I did get some nice 22 target amo that I’ll get to when my buddy goes to the range. Part of the enjoyment is to hangout with friends at the Club.
STAY SHARP MR. JOHN
Blacky

6 Likes

I felt like having some fun at the range and I had a dozen new mags to break in. Ran two drills I found called Marine Qualification 1 and Qualification 2. It includes a 20 yard sprint and then lots of moving and shooting plus shooting from kneeling and prone. 2 hours and I was beat. Oh, it was 105 degrees yesterday.

5 Likes

Was at the range yesterday with my brother in-law and nephew, shot a nice mix of weapons from AR-15 in .556 and .22, 12-gauge, .308 long rifle, and a mix of Glocks, and Ruger pistols. Was a great couple of hours.

5 Likes

“What kinda Rugers?”

3 Likes

@Brad nothing fancy was an SR .22 with a sparrow 22 suppressor and Mark IV.

3 Likes

Sounds like good ones to me!

3 Likes