How long has it been since you've been to the range?

What you are doing pays dividends when you do get to the range for live fire.

Stay safe out there.

3 Likes

That looks like the exit wound from Biden’s AR-14!

3 Likes

Just trying to shoot out the 10 spot off the target.

1 Like

Too long, going tomorrow, got a friend coming as well.

Indoor range, it’s a shame they don’t allow my 50bmg at the indoor range… Probably for obvious reasons…

My wife is going to shoot her new pistol I gave her after we got married and my friend will shoot his pistol for the first time, since he bought it, will be his 4th time ever out at the range…

I will probably be shooting my newly acquired Gill Gun, perhaps a carbine…

2 Likes

I went last Thursday. Planned on splitting pistol and rifle time equally but met a guy at the pistol range who is my age, worked in the same industry, same dept. and had worked at an overhaul/repair facility I had worked at as well, so we had many stories to share, He also had a few revolvers from the 1800’s, black powder, one a mouse gun which were fascinating, and he was intrigued by my builds. He got laid off Friday which happened to me Bidens first full day, so I explained the benefits of getting out of the business for good.

By the time I got to rifle, I did a few mag dumps, multi target acquisition, with my AR and mini14 and called it a day.

4 Likes

I’m going in about 20-min’s with a good friend of mine. I’m pretty jazzed as I’m going to work a new rifle and optic. Finally completed my battle belt so I’m going to work some rifle and pistol drills as well. Can’t wait.

4 Likes

Went today, zeroed my new DD 16" upper using my 14.5’s Aero lower and a Nikon scope that was a warranty replacement for the one my mini 14 broke…liked the set up, think I’ll keep it this way, and should be receiving another Aero lower Sunday or Monday. The fit was absolute perfection, and that DD upper lives up to the hype imo. Funny however, zeroing at 25 had me off 5x5" at 100, so 20 clicks each way it was, then it was “good enough for now” on steel at 200. Put the receiver back on my 14.5" and did my offhand steel plate mag dump challenge, 100/200 yards for just a bit, then continued steel plates, 15/25 with my M9 and 1911. Love my M9, oldest and simplest in the series, but lights out accurate.
Shot the breeze with a couple great club mates and their guests, always a good time.

3 Likes

I’ve because lack of ammo only been to the range 3 times since the beginning of the pandemic. It didn’t help that the range that I normally go to shut its doors at the beginning of it, but not due to the pandemic but because some idiot who couldn’t afford the damage he caused fired off a “dragons breath” type of ammo and caught the back stop on fire. And the ranges insurance apparently didn’t cover it either.
Long story short, the owner sued the guy, he didn’t have the $$$ to repair the damage, everyone lost. Now the nearest one is about 20 miles away. Nice place, but closes about an hour after husband gets home from work. And is closed on one of his days off… and the day I’m usually working. Usually out of state.

1 Like

Welcome to the community @Sara11.

Stay safe out there.

1 Like

Wife and I went today. Had plenty of good on target shots. Even worked some with off hand, that still needs work. Wife was doing good till her Ruger 380 putzed out again :triumph::triumph:. Same issue we had once before. Fired off new 12 gauge we bought too. Over all good day​:+1:Stay safe everybody.

4 Likes

Welcome to the family @Sara11 and you are blessed to be here.

3 days ago, indoor for handgun. Going again Wednesday Nov 10 for rifle scope zero time

2 Likes

Glorious day today. Picked up my new Aero Precision lower to go with the Daniel Defense upper, and once again the fit is…uh that term Glock uses…oh yeah… PERFECTION!! Zeroed the gun out last outing on another lower so a little tweaking and “good enough” at 200,and consistent on steel. Runs fantastic… Switched over to my M1a Scout…and, well…that gun’s my sweetheart,big booms but caressing kick. Then went to this century for ammo,and my Mossberg 5.56 bolt gun was happy with the softer primers and provided a good reliable time. I was going to head to the pistol range,needing to fine tune and loc-tite my Range Officers target rear sight,but seeing as it was 320 acres and me, I just pulled my targets in to 25 yards and got to where I should be real quick. Dry out, and love that big slow .45acp and the dust it kicks up at 100 yards if you miss the steel. Got to say, the ping of a hit on steel at 100 with a pistol is more fun though, and the dry berm helped me get dialed in pretty quick.

3 Likes

I did another Defensive Pistol class last night. Tried new trigger in Staccato. Even the handgun is mid size and I already slimmed the grip the original trigger was a little too far to rich with finger pad. That’s another beauty of 1911/2011 pistols, different trigger’s sizes. :love_you_gesture:

Anyway, results was fantastic. Finger placement and flat finishing of the trigger press made a huge accuracy improvement.

Tomorrow is a time for shooting while moving. I’m hoping to see good results as well. :muscle:

5 Likes

I went today. Took the Mini 14, M1A, and Sig M17. A good time was had by all.

3 Likes

Sounds like a Garand day, indeed!

2 Likes

Went today, after pulling an arm muscle washing and waxing cars and splitting wood yesterday, and a thigh muscle from acting like Lance Armstrong climbing hills on my bicycle afterwards…my motto, if something hurts, work something else :roll_eyes:. Anyways, rough night, but got up and Janice asked “You going to the…” which I interrupted with “yeah, I think so” :call_me_hand:.
Pretty hurting, and imo too windy and cold to waste rifle ammo, so just brought my little Ruger SR22 and a .22lr kit on a P80 G17 clone. No recoil gave me a break. Shot 400 rounds ($12 :sunglasses:), some left handed, some low ready drills, multi target etc…met a couple folks up there, had some snow flurries, had me appreciating the new heater in the clubs pistol range. Came home, Janice said “Kyle was found not guilty of everything”…and my day was complete.

2 Likes

It’s been a while for me. A range near me has beefed up so shooters can shoot their AR-15. I’m contemplating going today.

3 Likes

Took a nice couple to the range this morning. Clients who are brand new gun owners who wanted to learn how to safely operate their new Glock 19. Once again, the curriculum and training provided by a certified USCCA Instructor will ensure that they get off on the correct foot on their way to responsible and safe gun ownership.

Stay safe out there.

2 Likes

Just a few hours ago.

I frequently end up losing sick and vacation time every year so I took a few personal hours to meet a work buddy, his dad, and one of his dad’s friends this morning at the new PSA range, formerly Denver Defense, just north of Charlotte, NC. Really friendly, helpful staff. Great to get out there for a bit.

Dr. gave me the okay to shoot smaller calibers, so I made it small rifle and carbine day! WOOT! 10/22, CMR, Scorpion, CX4, and AK-V. not a lot of rounds, but it was nice to get out. I swapped sides, but tried to shoot on the “not healing” side!

Now I can wipe them down and run a bore snake…but not clean them.

3 Likes