How long has it been since you've been to the range?

Going shooting on Wednesday. I have a 1000 rounds to shoot at a finished grade A sheet of plywood.

4 Likes

@Todd30
“Make way everybody, make way! Big money stepping up to the line! Range is hot. Gonna make it rain!!!” LOL!

4 Likes

Almost 20 years until this past Saturday. Ammo was more than just sticker shock!

3 Likes

I’ve still been getting to the range about once a month throughout COVID, but Saturday was the first time I didn’t have to wait in over a year (other than one trip to an outdoor range 90 minutes away when I took off work on a weekday afternoon). Most times on weekends it was close to an hour or more wait to get a lane unless I got there before they opened and waited outside in the cold for a half hour or so. Now with the restrictions lifted, they have 15 lanes open instead of just 7 or 8.

2 Likes

I guess that’s why they call it shooting craps.

3 Likes

Just last Friday, I took my Daughter-in Law out to shoot her new Taurus G2-C.
I’m still shooting my $13.99 a box Remington 9mm I have in my hoard. :+1:
And gave her 2 box’s of Hornaday Critical Duty. :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

Dang, looked at my last post, and that was my last time…20 plus days ago. Saw a lot of nice firearms during our road trip, but didn’t have a chance to shoot any of them. Got some more wood when I got home, as it looks like another new england winter, and thought about going thursday, but changed my mind. Just a bit depressed about staying in a commie state, wishing I could move my house south. I did go yesterday, and glad I did. Glock 19 and Beretta M9 on the steel plates range, then hit rifle with my Mini14 and 12.5" AR…one other guy at the rifle range, we had a great time. Yeah, glad I went yesterday, today it’s wet, cold, feeling like November.
No Miculak, but some well needed practice…
The way I was missing, glad it’s my $9/box stash from 5 years back going downrange. See prices starting to come down, and hope folks stock up when it gets reasonable again. Looking at ammoseek today, I see my 3 cent .22lr is .12, down from .20, 9mm as low as .42, down from .60 but still well over the .18 pre pandemic prices, 5.56, around .65, down from .90, but still well over the .25 I paid pre-pandemic.

3 Likes

I went yesterday. Took the Jericho 941 out for a spin. A good time was had by all. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Went with the family yesterday. My Sister is a new shooter, so she got some instruction on her Shield 380. My Brother in law got a reminder of proper grip (slide bite) on his new SD90, and my father got to check out his new Winchester. 22 LR rifle.

I debated to bring my range bag, and sadly decided not to bring anything. I did find some 40 S&W, so I put 2/3 of a box through my EDC. It won’t happen again as we purchased a family package. Now I have a very good reason to visit my family much more often.

4 Likes

June Target competition drill
I had my sights replaced on a gun. So, I had to go in and familiarize myself with the new sights. I can see them clearly now so, I have no excuses for missing.

6 Likes

Brother @Todd30, I think you are sleeping with them firearms.:+1::+1: Good shooting

4 Likes

I have stayed at a Holiday Inn but, I also have been practicing with my SIRT laser gun every day!
Thank you @Johnnyq60

3 Likes

well, last friday as posted, and again yesterday. Getting a can before it’s too late Banish 30 - Banish Suppressors so in the interest of fiscal responsibility I stuck to .22 lr yesterday. Mostly ended up yakking away with a clubmate, but did do quite a bit of offhand rifle which always is good training, and surprisingly, my little SR22 wasn’t bad at all at 25 yards.
On the plus side, fiscally,: I went to the “hottest gun shop in CT”…and walked out not wanting anything…getting the can, thinking some night vision might be the next investment.

2 Likes

:joy::joy:That is some funny stuff

2 Likes

Several times a month. I am also one luck enough to have my own outdoor range. It allows me to practice the tactical shooting i’ve been taught in classes over the years. Drawing from concealment, engaging multiple and moving targets, moving around obstacles, shooting from compromised positions, shooting, moving and communicating with a partner. Almost none of which is allowed on a club range, particularly indoors.

3 Likes

yesterday…5.56 day, mini14 and 2 AR’s…swapped out the stock gas blocks for adjustable in the morning, as the mini 14 liked to eject the brass 6 lanes over, hitting pigeons in the rafters and forcing Cessnas into avoidance maneuvers on the way, and the AR’s will be getting suppressors right about when hell freezes over.Had a downsized bushing in the mini, but it still was way overgassed, so I put the stock bushing back in, and ended up closing up the adjustment screw A LOT! Just shot enough to tune, and a little re-zeroing on the mini. Learned that an AR will eat 5.56 out of a mini 14 magazine…just not very well. That was some fun tuning going on, 'til the “d’oh” moment at the end of the mag :thinking:

1 Like

It’s been a while since I’ve been to the range, but I’ve been shooting outdoors on a friends property. However, I’m about to purchase a Walther PPQ q4 Tactical 9mm. Since the store I’m buying it from has a range, when I pick it up I’ll go right into the range and try it out.

3 Likes

That’s a nice piece of hardware brother @Thomas141 .:+1::+1:

I went yesterday. Took the M1 and Jericho 941 out for a spin. A good time was had by all.

1 Like

Yesterday, took the new Heckcat out for 100 rounds. I really like the sights😎

1 Like