How long has it been since you've been to the range?

After a dozen or so rounds, you can cuddle with your firearm to keep warm.
Nothing better than a warm rifle barrel on a cold day.

8 Likes

I have RSO duty at least once a month at my gun club, usually more with the Covid issues. I shoot on the outdoor range then. About every other week on the indoor range. I’ve got a good stock of training ammo. Sure have been putting a lot of .22 down range though.

5 Likes

Take us with you…

4 Likes

Lethal Weapon much? :slightly_smiling_face:

6 Likes

Went out last Sunday, had to test the new upper, on the 7.62x39, shot off 100rds between 2 types of mags to test out and 2 lowers, standard and binary trigger lower.

5 Likes

I think Riggs shot eight times. I use 7 shot method :upside_down_face: And I do not blink on every shot :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

6 Likes

Coming up on a year in March. Wondering if I am even safe to carry, been so long. I guess I am safer carrying than not.

4 Likes

Shadow2f15 you shoot your gun
Awesome! Never can bave too much fun!!:joy:

5 Likes

Wow! How do you keep stocked up with ammo?? Bere in SC buying and finding ammo is very hard!:face_with_raised_eyebrow:

4 Likes

Helps knowing a gun store owner, he has been a long time friend of my family starting with my grandfather.

I on occasion work in the store if he needs a hand and I’m in the area, I’ve fallen trees and done fire mitigation, I trade labor for ammo and buy with blood money the rest (plasma donations).

He has one more case of 7.62x39 for me… which with the 100rds I shot, would give me only 2,900rds left…

5 Likes

I went yesterday. We had a ballistically ecumenical session. Glock 19X 9mm, Sig P229 .40 DA/SA, Kimber Pro Carry 2 1911 .45. A good time was had by all. :slight_smile:

7 Likes

yesterday, went and checked some new sights on a .22

6 Likes

Today :slightly_smiling_face:
Another defensive shooting class. 4 hr of life saving stuff :muscle:

7 Likes

Really want to hit the range today, but it feels like 34° out there and it’s going to be blowing like stink in a couple of hours. And tomorrow, it’s supposed to snow. :frowning_face:

4 Likes

yesterday. Wife made me go, same wife who made me keep buying ammo in 2016. Same wife I’m glad I met in 1973.
fwiw, I love shooting in the snow. Rifle, anyways. Last few outings I didn’t need to put the backstops in the bases, rifle or pistol. Snow was about 2’ deep, so I could set the targets anywhere. One day so deep I just shot the existing steel, but yesterday was day #2 of unseasonable warmth, and bases were needed once again. Just shot .22lr pistols yesterday; worked on eye focus and 6 target speed drills.My P80 G17 clone with a conversion kit is a laser beam.

6 Likes

Visited two ranges today; they had fewer persons than a year ago. One shop had a free raffle to win a free fire-arm. Another had a fund-raising booth for services for abused children. One Dad brought his five-year-old daughter who sat with us as we completed new firearm purchase paperwork from the store; She was humbling beyond words; Puts things into perspective.

4 Likes

With ammo cost I’ve only bet shooting dry fire with Itarget. When I finally do go to the range. I’ll limit myself to about 25 rounds.

5 Likes

I just went yesterday with my step son and one of his Navy friends. Man I shot my M&P sport 2 AR15 for the first time and put 100 rounds through it at 25 yards. Remember I mentioned a few months ago that @Craig6 sighted in my red dot, well it was spot on and shot very smooth and I am loving it. Thanks Craig I had no doubt it would be spot on. The rounds I fired were the ones you gifted me with. After firing the first few rounds i got excited. Put the Vortex red dot on the orange and it hit the orange. I let my stepson and his friend shoot about 25 rounds each and for the first time they shot it they did well.

8 Likes

Planning on going tomorrow! Range time is one of the few times I get to do something on my own since our son was born. My range has had ammo every time I go. I buy two over priced boxes. I usually say I’m only going to shoot 50, then I shoot 75… I don’t get to shoot that often :joy:.

I stock it so I can shoot it!

5 Likes

Went over the weekend. Shot the Beretta 92FS 9mm, and Sig P229 DA/SA .40. A good time was had by all.

5 Likes