How long has it been since you've been to the range?

Thank y’all! My son got me an swivel optics mount for my KelTec Sub 2000 and I needed to zero the sight in on the new mount. After 150 rounds I feel pretty good with it. I don’t feel good that there were only 100 rounds left in my range bag when I was done and I’m going to have to break open the last carton of range ammo I have in storage very soon.

9 Likes

Had a great time at the range today. Attended a Threat Focus class. Did some shooting while moving, mag changes on the move, multiple threats, etc.

Small class today and we spent an equal amount shooting as we did talking. No politics - just drills, guns, ammunition, pistol & rifle builds, etc. It was a very refreshing break from current events.

4 Likes

Happily I have land and a great built in Range for both short and long range, unfortunately I’m a little low on ammo and can’t shoot nearly as much as I would like.

5 Likes

I went yesterday. Shot the P229 .40 DAK, P229 9mm DA/SA, and the S&W 686+ .357. A good time was had by all. :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Ranges never closed close to me,reduced lanes, but very open. No ammo shortage for me and I also have access to 500 outdoor acres.

6 Likes

Spent the day at the monthly IPSC/USPSA competition. Not my best day but I’ll take it just for the chance to shoot with friends and talk gun.

5 Likes

I haven’t been for quite a while so I came up with an affordable alternative until ammo becomes more readily available and affordable. I purchased a recoil enabled 1911 training pistol from laser ammo and I love it. It isn’t the same style of firearm as my striker fired Taurus but that don’t matter. Since I keep the safety on my firearm engaged at all times when I carry it, practicing turning it off on my draw is very important. With my setup I’m able to practice drawing, magazine changes, and getting on target safely using my smokeless range and IMTTS electrical targets safely in the comfort of my own home.

5 Likes

I went yesterday.

6 Likes

I shot a competition on Friday.

7 Likes

Did you hit it? :stuck_out_tongue:

9 Likes

Just winged it.

5 Likes

Thank you

For appreciating

My sarcasm.

6 Likes

Thank YOU for your sarcastic wit.

4 Likes

TWO whole WEEKS! :scream: :cold_sweat: :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

4 Likes

Today. I have a new play thing. This is stock, out of the box Savage Mark II FV. It’s a my own fun/4H kids project. It will eventually get a Vortex Crossfire II, and a Boyd’s stock. Here’s the rifle(with some Sasquatchian shooting it) and the results of a quick sight in/ammo test. It’s 45 degrees here. Shooting 30 ish yards in a 6 mph crosswind. I didn’t stay long.

10 Likes

That’s not 45 ACP :thinking:?

4 Likes

@45IPAC You will like that Savage!
If you’re looking at the Crossfire II, I highly recommend, at the least, the 6-18x. I went from a 9 to a 12, and finally to the 18.
I’m not planning to go higher, though I have fellow benchresters twisting my arm to go 36x. I may want to hunt with this CZ 455. If I ever go 36, it’ll be atop a much nicer rifle.

Have fun!!

4 Likes

I’m looking at the 3-9x40. Why? Weight. I’m setting this rifle up for CMP Sporter. Have to stay under 7.5 lbs. This rifle, in a Boyd’s hardwood, with the 3-9x40, will be right at the limit. I’m going to be looking at a Savage BMag for a varmint rifle. I’ll put more optic on that one.

6 Likes

I’m not gonna PAC this! Well, maybe in the woods.

4 Likes

@45IPAC thanks for sharing brother and great pics and BTW nice piece of hardware.

4 Likes