How long has it been since you've been to the range?

Welcome to the family @Tovon and god bless you.

3 Likes

Thank you! Its nice to hear from you and others like you.

~Tovon~

4 Likes

May God continue to bless you through out these Holidays. Happy Thanksgiving from my family to yours.

So anyways I just bought a Walther .45 PPQ M2. Talking about crisp and accurate! I was kind of skeptical because even though I liked they way it looked, I didn’t think I was going to like the way it handled. Some places will not let you test a weapon before you buy it. So, I went did a little research and bought it. Guest what I enjoy every bit of it. I bought my wife a Taurus G3 and wow! I am going to get me one maybe, not sure yet I still like 40’s, 45’s and 357’s; 9m’s not so much but my wife is still working on it.

Take care and God Bless
~Tovon

7 Likes

Went to a class tonight and heard something unusual from the instructor: Forget trying to put the bullet in the same hole to have a small a spread as possible. You want your target to have as many individual holes as possible anyway.

It was a point & shoot exercise and the comment was directed towards people taking too much time between shots because they keep trying to aim. He also added that multiple bullets in the same hole or close to each other is the same as hitting your assailant only once, while a nice spread within center of mass will potentially do more damage to a variety of organs.

Never thought of it that way, but I suppose it makes sense.

9 Likes

very, very true ! :+1:
Unless you are bullseye shooter :wink:

6 Likes

I just got back. I paid a visit to Dr. Glock, and had some quality time with the 19X and 23G5. :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Glad to hear most of my shooting has been decent. I practice quickly getting a shot on target more than getting directly on the dot most of the time. I think both forms of shooting compliment each other, but that was a really good point. Thanks for sharing.

5 Likes

I went today. I’m using half the ammo that I used too (also going to the range a lot less), BUT I am focusing on getting more out of my ammo, since I don’t have any to waste.

Also, I do enjoy ending a range session with this bad boy,

9 Likes

Spent some time @ my brother’s house this weekend visiting his family; we spent time with metal cutout targets and actual paper targets. He shot his Ak-47 and G17; I shot my AK-47, G19X and G43.

6 Likes

Good morning or good day to all! I haven’t posted in a while as been busy with other projects and family…haven’t conduct a class for students, just been too busy.

Good news…let me back up a bit…due to the shortage of ammo, primer, and the concept of hoarding, the mrs and I haven’t shot a single round for several months. Shame on us as we have sirt tools, .177 pellet guns, etc…and haven’t fired them either. Yesterday, the mrs (now aka skypilot, ie quadcopter pilot) says we need to shoot and train, and of course flying the quadcopter for video and training purposes. Since I am so old school, the “drone” concept is really kool! THEREFORE, we did shoot and did some training and video with the quadcopter. Took 3 magazines for me to acquire some lost skills. Some is the word. Many skills lost. Shame on me. The mrs actually shot better than I, and am proud of her. We didn’t fire up our moving target system, however we have been having some decent weather and this week we will train on that system. Also flying the drone, to replay the session.

Shame on me for not dry firing, using our pellet guns, or whatever means for trigger press, etc.

Shame on me for not cleaning the range of brass. Over the summer in our training and training of students, I havent groomed or cleaned our range. As of last night picked up a half a 5 gallon bucket of mostly 9mm brass. Surprise? No. When students fire on our range, the brass is ours.

Last night, took apart our EDC’s and cleaned meticulously. Found to be dirty. What a surprise, no?

9 Likes

How are you my friend nice to hear from you @SKIdaho and a Happy New Year to you and the Mrs. also. Hope and pray all is well. You are always in my thoughts and prayers

6 Likes

Good to see you back!

5 Likes

I went earlier today. Shot my Sig P229 .40 DAK. A good time was had by all. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

It’s been a month ago for me shooting my pistols at the range. I am saving my ammo. The gun shops either don’t have any ammo or they are price gouging, even the reloads are pricey. But just a couple days ago I went to the range for some fun shooting sporting clays. At least shotgun ammo is still available and reasonable. I have been performing dry-fire training drills with my Sirt pistol and/or my carry pistols with a laser bullet in it with my LasrX and iTarget app’s.

4 Likes

I’m headed to the range today as a birthday treat!

10 Likes

HBD! Shoot a few rounds for me.

5 Likes

Happy Birthday!

5 Likes

Happy Birthday sir! Have a great day.

5 Likes

Happy Birthday @MikeBKY and good health and many blessings brother. God bless you.

4 Likes

Happy Birthday! Have a great range day also.

5 Likes