How long has it been since you've been to the range?

Went on Veterans Day Nov 11th indoor range… shot 4 firearms 2 calibers 45 and 9mm… was also offered a job at the range as RSO…

3 Likes

I 100% agree with this. My dry fire has increased substantially, and my trigger control has improved accordingly. I can tell just by watching the sights, but it is also confirmed by the MantisX I picked up early in the pandemic.

When I’ve made it to the range, I have tried to be a bit more purposeful in what/how I shoot to make the most of live fire. When things (hopefully) go back to normal I will continue to incorporate dryfire in my routine.

3 Likes

Welcome to the family brother and god bless you @Epiphone_74. BTW did you take the job offer?

Sadly no I did not my current job is “essential worker aka Sacrificial one” . However i did leave the door open for special events etc at the range if they need help to give me a call …

1 Like

I have generally tried to go at least every other week, however ammo shortage has caused me to limit my trips to once a month.

1 Like

Well thank you for your service and god bless you.

4 days.

1 Like

Beautiful day so I drug out some stuff that has been idle for awhile. Good fun and a few drills on the steel to finish the day.

1 Like

Been a few weeks or so. Times are getting tough, no ammo, no money. Just been practicing with laser sight

1 Like

today :muscle:

…and yesterday… and one day before… :blush:
… and going on Saturday… :kissing_smiling_eyes:

2 Likes

I definitely need to go. Been doing a lot of dry fire with the ammo shortage and I need to feel that recoil while seeing that slide actuate!!!

2 Likes

Another “today” :blush:. And another ‘low light’. First time I’ve shot in gloves for more than 2 minutes :smile:
A_20201121_01

2 Likes

It has been about two months. I use to go weekly, but finding 9mm has been tough. I have been using this time to dry fire every other day.

3 Likes

Last night. I believe in Missouri, ranges are considered essential; plus our whole family’s already had COVID-19 and so we have the antibodies. I mean, we’re careful and all that, but as a rule just about everyone who goes to a range practices careful anyways.

1 Like

Just went yesterday with a couple friends, first trip in a while. Good to see my groups weren’t terrible :rofl: It was a fun trip, not really meant as purposeful practice.

Range was totally out of 9mm, .45ACP, 300BO. They did have 5.56 at $13 for a box of 20 (about the market rate) so I passed. I asked “well, what DO you have in stock” and he rattled off 7.62x39 and a bunch of hunting calibers (.308, .30-06, etc).

2 Likes

I just got back. Shot the Sig P226 .40 today.

2 Likes

I taught a CCW class and certified folks all afternoon. Just sent another 26 folks to the Sheriffs office to get their CC License and I’m TIRED!!!

3 Likes

I helped an older gentleman this morning. He was having troubles hitting his target. He was talking about how he didn’t shoot much, and was going to adjust his sights. Another gentleman & I offered to look at it to verify if it really was his sights. We then concentrated on his grip & sighting (which was his real problem). Overall a really great day.

4 Likes

Its been about three weeks. Sense the normal my wife and I visited is closed due to covid. We decided to get creative and join a range club and waiting for some good driving conditions to get back at it. Here in Michigan most of our ranges are out doors so when we found a weapons club where we can shoot in as well as out doors made a huge difference. Its a little old fashion but it still works the same.

2 Likes

Welcome to the family @Tovon! You’ve found a great bunch of people to hang out with, talk about weapons. & learn a few things.

1 Like