How long has it been since you've been to the range?

@MCrider.
Welcome to the community.
COBRA01
Train Hard and Stay Safe

6 Likes

Went yesterday

12 Likes

Really good shooting @Kristine1 :+1::+1:

5 Likes

Went today and had my weekly therapy with Drs. Glock & Sauer. :smile:

7 Likes

I go at least once a week. What I shoot depends on what needs to be done. I shoot a lot of 22lr to keep volume up and cost down but also practice with full power. This week my wife and I took handguns. 22lr semi’s and 38 spl revolver. Week before was a rifle sight in and some close in shotgun and rifle. I much prefer a rifle or shotgun for home defense.

6 Likes

Last Sunday.

6 Likes

Yesterday. An indoor range in south eastern Wisconsin.

It was pretty darn full for noon hour on a Wednesday. Three different couples practicing with handguns together, some of them probably first-timers. Myself and at least 4 other aligning rifle optics. Everyone, including the staff, complaining about the election. But everyone friendly. And nobody wearing masks. It was a slice of heaven.

6 Likes

This morning. :+1: :metal:

8 Likes

Welcome to the Family MCrider! Much van be learned here.

4 Likes

As ffar as going to the range, itd been z coupla weeks ONLY bc my Husband has had heart & lung problems so due to Covid we’ve been playing it safe. We do go every coupla weeks thats for sure! I cant wait to fire my new S&W Sheild EZ 9mm!!

4 Likes

I’m sorry you haven’t been able to get to the range. I’d be chomping at the bit if I had an EZ to go try out too!

4 Likes

A good video from Paul on ideas to make the most of your range time and short ammo. :+1:

6 Likes

Great video @BRUCE26 :+1:
Actually ammo shortage showed us that good training doesn’t need ammo. I’ve just realized that last year I usually spent 350 - 400 rounds during 1hr - 2hr range time or 400 rounds during whole day class.
This year I use 22LR at the range (so cost is lowered to minimum) and max 150 rounds at whole day class… and training results are the same :neutral_face:
Ammo shortage also forced me to focus more on proper techniques, better trigger management and repeatability BEFORE taking the shot. Sending the bullet downrange became less important… and it seemed to be the easiest part so didn’t need to be repeated every second…

7 Likes

Today was the first time I have been to a range since I left the Marine Corps in 2004. I think I had a little too much fun.

11 Likes

OK @Shadow2f5… which holes were made by you? :thinking: :grimacing: :wink: :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

5 Likes

The tennis ball sized hole toward the center :crazy_face:

7 Likes

A_20201114_01
That would be me after 16 years…

4 Likes

Lol. I was afraid that might happen to me. I spent the last couple months dry firing, hoping that wouldn’t happen

5 Likes

No such thing as too much fun, lol. Nice shooting!

6 Likes

Today. Shot the Sig P220 .45, and Glock 19X 9mm. Had a good time.

5 Likes