How long has it been since you've been to the range?

I took a class this weekend, and went to the range yesterday afternoon. Ranges are very much open here, with a fair bit of traffic (new gun owners).

14 Likes

Welcome to the family and god bless you brother.

7 Likes

Just two hours ago and my hands are already shaking and I have double vision… maybe some night shooting practice is in order :rofl::rofl:

9 Likes

Yesterday. I did some shooter movement and room clearing training.

9 Likes

What the heck are you launching that gives a man the shakes and double vision? :astonished:

I just got my CZ 455 benchrest rifle back from having it pillar bedded so, heading to the range tomorrow in preparation for next weekends big match!

8 Likes

A whole lot of .45s down range. But the shake and stuff is just early onset of range withdrawal. It’s swiftly followed by irritability, lack of sleep and finally a catatonic state which includes drooling out of the corner of my mouth. It’s just not pretty and it stains the couch so my wife won’t let me go there. When I start getting grouchy my wife ORDERS me to go get some trigger time :rofl:

12 Likes

That looks amazing, @FatsoJoe!!

6 Likes

Last weekend in the rain. Beautiful morning with a few good friends:

11 Likes

@William386.
Welcome to the community.
COBRA01
Train Hard and Stay Safe

6 Likes

I prescribe 2 glazed donuts, 3 pieces of bacon, and a cup of Black Rifle Coffee.

12 Likes

I like the way you think.

9 Likes

This morning. Shout out to Accurate Plating and Weaponry. Good Stuff :+1:

8 Likes

NOW we’re talking! :sunglasses:

10 Likes

I decided to have a full blow range day today…100rds of drills with the carry pistol (my strong hand only and weak hand only shooting needs some serious attention), some AR10 work (40rds, 100yd and 50yd) and pulled the .38spcl out since it’s been about a year since I shot that (30rds). Boy did that feel good…I needed it. :slight_smile:

12 Likes

My Father is visiting, so of course we went to the range today. The results:
1 .38 S&W top break that didn’t fire reliably (if re-cleaning doesn’t fix it it’ll need a Smith to look at it)

1 CZ model 24 in .380 with feed issues
1 TX22 that caught the range officer’s eye

The 158 grain semi-wadcutters kick harder than I thought they would, and may be too much for the Boss

2 dangerous targets were removed from the wild, and will no longer threaten peaceful ranges.

A fun time was had evaluating some old guns, and many holes were made with the guns that we had that have always worked.

8 Likes

Been roughly 33 hours for me! :grinning:

9 Likes

Welcome @MCrider! Glad to have you around. Pull up a chair & stay a while.

9 Likes

Welcome to the family! @MCrider glad you’re here! I wish i could have gone as recently as you!

9 Likes

Welcome to the family and god bless you.

8 Likes

I’m getting ready to go in a little bit.

9 Likes