How do you train without ammo at home and in the classroom?

I have my SIRT on my dresser and “shoot” several times a day. Always before I head out “fully dressed.” I especially focus on timing my trigger press a fraction of a second before the sights hit the target and on good “follow through” - insuring the laser remains a dot rather than a dash. Quick target transition is reinforced, and I even get to have someone “shooting at me” when I target myself in the mirror (I cheat down a bit to avoid the eyes, but it’s amazing how often I shoot the gun out of my own hands!)

2 Likes

Welcome to the family @VANESSA4 and you are in the right place at the right time.

1 Like

MantixX Rocks!

3 Likes

I have utilized snapcaps, SIRT pistol, BarrelBlok, and recently ordered the MantisX and have been using it quite a bit. I just got their Laser Academy product as well but I’m still familiarizing myself with the MantisX so I haven’t gotten into that yet.
I checked into the CoolFire setup previously but didn’t see it listed for the handgun I wanted to use it with.

2 Likes

My girlfriend and I did that for a bit but when we kept finding the airsoft balls throughout the house we stopped using it. I now use it outside.

2 Likes

I use all of the above but use either Sort of laser insert most for dry fire, same as what I use teaching classes.

3 Likes

One of my instructors told us to go home and practice our draw 100 times every night in front of a mirror for a whole week! This made my draw technique so much smoother and considerably faster.

4 Likes

I have antigun leftest family with their kids our grandkids living with us. I carry everyday but what you don’t see is Ok with them. The way I train is in my locked 12’x12’ bedroom doing dry fire drills. Not real good but better than nothing, as for lasers they are out of my price range as I’m retired.

3 Likes

Dry fire , but there has to be something more recoil efficient.

2 Likes

I was going to go with the Mantis X3 and have enough money in Bass Pro gift cards. What’s crazy is that BP does not carry the Mantis X or any other laser training system.

2 Likes

I’ve currently picked up an airsoft replicz of my firearm with slide recoil that I use for drills.

2 Likes

Welcome to the family brother @Benjamin89 and you are in the right place at the right time.

1 Like

I use the ELMS laser system. Great for practice since you’re using your own gun. Keeps score on your smartphone for reference if you choose…

2 Likes

Rollie 1

Rocks are cheaper but, they make my suit/sport coat look a little bulky. :upside_down_face:
j@r

2 Likes

I just picked up the Mantis X3 system and am very impressed so far. I’m adding it to my normal routine of dry fire, magazine exchanges/dumps, failure drills, etc.

Stay safe out there.

1 Like

Believe, or not… I’ve got a 7 hrs very intensive and dynamic class when I shot less than 60 rounds. :slightly_smiling_face:

To be honest I can compare it to similar classes done in 2019 when I shot around 400 rounds… and the final result for attendees’ skills is the same.

Dry fire rules :muscle:

1 Like

Bringing this back up as I sadly have not pulled the trigger (pun intended) on a dry fire training system. Still leaning toward the Mantis X3. Now that you have had it for a while what are your thoughts?
Anyone else, feel free to share your thoughts and experiences on other systems as well.

1 Like

I think that the system itself would compliment any classroom instruction. For beginners, it would assist the instructor in identifying common shooter errors and help the student correct his/her errors.

I don’t use it on the range during live fire with students personally.

1 Like

Thanks. I was told by an instructor that I should look at an actual point of aim dry fire system. Once I have spent time with that, look at the Mantis system to compliment that system to diagnose my shooting deficiencies. Do you agree?

1 Like

I’m sorry for jumping into the conversation… I think it’s better to start with Instructor to have a live feedback and then practice with home dry fire, than use Mantis system hoping it will show good score.
People believe too much in electronics these days… and the final result is not always as good as expected…

1 Like