How do you train without ammo at home and in the classroom?

I use my SIRT pistol along with Laserlyte Steeltyme targets. I also use my Glock 19 airsoft pistol. I use biodegradable bbs so very easy for cleanup. Both guns work with all of my gear duty or concealed carry, such as my holsters and Streamlight weapon mounted light.

2 Likes

I’m with you on the .22 Kim. I’ve been shooting alot with my conversion slide for my Glock 19 and my MP 15-22. Very inexpensive for close quarters shooting and practicing weapons transitions at the range.

2 Likes

I also have a MP 15-22 and a Glock 44 (22). Makes the shooting cheaper and keeps the muscle memory the same. The G44 fits my G19 holster so it’s real close.

2 Likes

Welcome to the family brothers @William778 and @Jason111 and y’all blessed to be here.

1 Like

Dry fire for me. Good for the muscle memory of my draw stroke.

2 Likes

Use other people’s ammo, lol

Working for sheriff dept we shoot monthly!

I also use dry fire at home with caps.

4 Likes

Same here! MantisX with plans to get MantisX Laser Academy.

2 Likes

Welcome to the family @Jazmyn and you are in the right place at the right time.

1 Like

I dry fire, I also picked up a glock airsoft that recoils. Fits in my holsters just fine. Been using it more for some feed back and presentation drills… might not be the same recoil but it’s better than having to tap and rack to reset everytime. Although there’s nothing wrong with that also, it’s good to train that as well. Also, look into other things besides shooting. Take this time to work on your health, and unarmed combative if you’re able. Such as Jiu-jitsu, judo, wrestling, boxing, kickboxing etc…got to remember sometimes (depending on circumstances) there’s steps you can take before having to resort to potential lethal force. Much love, stay safe

4 Likes

Thanks to an awesome coupon we took FULL advantage of the MantisX system. For what I invested in the system would be a day or two on a range of training…the system will offer training well beyond 2 days!

2 Likes

Welcome to the family @Cynthia25 and @Ricardo5 and y’all blessed to be here.

1 Like

I wish I could go shoot with the sheriffs when they go shooting.

3 Likes

I use dry fire with a barrel block.

3 Likes

Snap caps and Mantis X.

2 Likes

join as a reserve or posse, and your in! but , you have to live in michigan and saginaw county

3 Likes

Along with dry fire practice with snap caps, I also do the “Penny drill” to help ingrain a clean trigger pull. I also just ordered the Mantis X system.

3 Likes

is the mantis X system worth it?

2 Likes

Mantis X10 is a great training tool!

2 Likes

Laser ammo smokeless range :slightly_smiling_face: Spendy but worth it.

2 Likes

I’ve been thinking about getting a heavy bag. Perfect for practicing hand to hand combat punch techniques and striking accuracy. Shadow boxing is also fun but it’s hard to fight an imaginary opponent. lol.

3 Likes