How do you carry concealed?

How I carry depends on where I going and what I doing. But mainly on an EDC basis I carry appendix. For ms it’s just more comfortable and easier for me to conceal with my build. I carry a XDS at the 4 o’clock position occasionally but it still can be uncomfortable while driving.

1 Like

IWB at about 4 o’clock. Fits nicely and feels natural, even while driving or sitting. Extra mag holder AIWB and a third mag in my pocket in an Ammo Armor case.

1 Like

I carry a G19 concealed OWB or IWB depending on what I’m wearing between 3 and 4 o’clock. With the right holster, a good gun belt, and a few adjustments (cant etc) I have found that this is comfortable, almost 100% undetectable, and perfect for me.

2 Likes

Call me a traditionalist but I carry 3:00 OWB mostly but in the summer moths I sometimes go to the sticky holster right in my front pocket. I’d like to try IWB but I seem to still be getting fatter and combine that with having to buy new pants for IWB and it’s just too much. Plus I’ve seen people try and take an IWB holster off/on and it looks like a pain in the butt. Maybe someday.

2 Likes

I only carry 4:00 IWB. Can’t open carry in Massachusetts, probably wouldn’t anyways. I like how my firearm seems to disappear in that sweet spot. I have a shoulder rig, but only use it at home. I rarely dress formally, and during those rare moments, I have still carried IWB.

1 Like

You actually can open carry in Massachusetts, but as you mentioned, definitely not recommended.

1 Like

I carry in the 3:30 position and since I am a state law enforcement officer in Georgia, I carry concealed at all times. My service weapon is a Glock 19 and when I’m off the clock I roll with either a SIG P-229 or 320, depending upon my mood. With the 229 I roll with a Mitch Rosen presidential owb and with the 320 a Bravo concealment owb. With my issue weapon I also roll with bravo concealment

1 Like

Open carry is legal, however… if anyone lodges a complaint, its considered breach of peace with ensuing arrest and confiscation. No thanks. I’ll keep my life status as normal, my gun concealed, and the target off my back.

1 Like

I agree. I actually mentioned several of those concerns in my other post, such as Red Flag laws here in MA. I was just pointing out that while it is not advisable to do so here in MA, it’s not illegal. I actually know a couple people who do, but they’re in friendlier territory than me. I also have other reasons why I wouldn’t.

I wouldn’t open carry even if I could. The whole becoming the first target thing. A comfortable rig and a long shirt, thank you.

It’s perfectly legal to open carry in Massachusetts, it’s not suggested though because people will call the police,. I didn’t realize it was legal todo until recently I took a Massachusetts gun law class and I asked the swat officer if it was legal, he said it absolutely is. I was surprised.

The fact that someone will call the police because a responsibly armed American is open carrying boggles my mind. Education, education, education - the more people know, the less likely they are to be afraid of those who carry responsibly.

1 Like

I carry outside of pants. Im left handed and inside the waist band is awkward for me. Dont feel right?? I also wear t shirts that cover my weapon or a hoodie. Its Oregon… I carry a S&W Shield .40 with 2 extra mags.

Luckily in Missouri they have open carry in some places!!

1 Like

I carry either my glock 19 (25%) or my glock 43 (75%) at the 9 o clock position iwb. I’m a lefty and in Illinois open carry is not legal…even if it were I wouldn’t carry open…too many anti gun freaks in this state.

1 Like

Illinois is a fun one when it comes to carry laws, @Tony! @45IPAC is also from IL and I’m in Wisconsin. Traveling through IL is painful when you want to carry and be able to defend yourself.

2 Likes

I’m glad I have a carry permit…although the transoportation law for resident changed. If you have a FOID card you can have the firearm unloaded and the magazine in the same lockable compartment. Before they needed to be separated.

2 Likes

Very true. I was at the corner store by our house. It was last summer and hot so just a sheepdog t-shirt covering my side arm. The bottom of my holster was showing. Someone called me in and gave the license plate off my truck. An hour later a Deputy Sherriff shows up at my house laughing. It was an officer i train with. We were discussing the same exact thing you are in this post… We both got a good laugh… .

1 Like

Years ago, yes years ago, when in high school during hunting season, almost every pickup in the parking lot had a gun in the rack. We even had an assembly where there were blanks fired from a revolver as a mock up for a pep rally. Really? Was this back in the day? Yes it was! Students brought guns into the school to work on the stocks during woodshop. Really? Really means sarcastic here. I wish we could have a day, nationwide, where legal, to open carry. (Open carry is legal in Idaho.) Today, not a good idea in our times. I do have a true story, a few years ago we were in Cody, WY, and spotted several open carry in a wally world store. AND downtown Cody as well. Concealed has a good definition of the word. Carry on!

1 Like

My sons middle school had a shooting club in it, a loooong time ago. Imagine that? Right in the middle of a city, and in Massachusetts! Open carry is legal here too, but being MA, ill advised in most places.