How do you avoid PRINTING?

Small of the back, sort of dangerous place in the event, for any reason you’re pushed, fall or just end up on your back. Vertebrae and disc at the L4, L5 region could create life long injury!
Not to mention sitting could be uncomfortable and bending over to pick up that $100.00 bill, might give someone cause to scream, “he’s got a gun!”

2 Likes

Longer/slower draw

Draw sweeps more area/possibly people/self

Difficult/impossible to defend against a gun grab

Injury risk falling on your back (spine)

Difficult to legitimately conceal (nobody knows or suspects it is there) while doing much other than standing upright

4 Likes

Avoid shirts or jackets that are too small as well as light clothing colors or soft fabrics.

Wear a shirt or jacket that is one size larger than what you usually wear. Wear dark colors. Belly bands are good. Also consider ankle holsters or pocket holsters for pocket pistols. But you’ll need deep pockets in a pair of jeans too break up the outline of the gun.

If you’re a woman, there is always the option of concealed carry in a purse but you’ll need to be aware of where you set your purse at all times. Keep your gun in a quick access holster if choose this option. Sticky holsters are good.

3 Likes

I’ve sometimes carry in the pocket, but I probably print more often this way than any other. Even loose pants can settle around the imprint of the firearm, and pocket holsters seem to do very little to disrupt the basic shape of a pistol. Nothing against pocket carry, just be prepared to tell someone that you’re happy to see her.

2 Likes

I carry two ways I have undertech undercover shorts and shirts I wear and a really good iwb holster with my kimber 9mm and never have a problem with printing the undertech undercover clothing works really well

2 Likes

I guess that is better than getting from old.

3 Likes

It’s a good idea not to advertise the presence of a firearm to Karens in my state, so I would never willingly give anybody a direct line of sight. Open carry is technically legal but likely to get you into a lot of conversations with local police who, through no fault of their own, get called in to ask what you’re up to. Having said all that, however, I never worry about printing per se. If it’s covered by a layer of fabric, it’s good. If you don’t draw attention to it by constantly picking at it, nobody’s going to notice anything.

3 Likes

I like to use the undertech undercover shirt and shorts it hides my kimber really well and super comfortable the shirt is so comfortable I forget I have it on if I use a holster I use a iwb holster from we the people works really well

1 Like

LoL, Sorry meant “getting too old” to debate stuff. :smirk: You’re not an english teacher by chance?

1 Like

Can almost see the serial number!

4 Likes

For your second question, rumor in the state of Maryland is that if you print and get caught you could actually get your permit revoked. That’s rumor. But believable in MD.

1 Like

If someone notices you printing, tell them you farted it’s a colostomy bag😁

4 Likes

Kind of an anecdote here. I live in a state where there are claims that 50% of the people may be carrying. So, I started actually looking for CCW’s, at the store, on the street, at work. I have seen exactly one, that’s it. Either Utahans are really really good at concealing or nobody is carrying a CCW.

6 Likes

I’d love for 50% to be carrying, but there is 0% chance that is true at a state level, anywhere, anytime.

The USCCA Reciprocity Map has a box for % of the state’s population licensed to carry, the highest I have seen there is 25.7% for Alabama (which is a HUGE number!). But, most people who have a permit to carry are not carrying on their person any given day.

BTW, wouldn’t you know, AL with it’s 1/4 of the population licensed, does not require training to get that permit…

3 Likes

Maybe you were not looking at where they were carrying… Do you see the handgun in these pics?

5 Likes

These girls carry in wrong spots. :joy:
Oh… sorry, actually a best spot not to be spotted. :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

3 Likes

Sure thing Cowboy.

1 Like

I’ve always worn bigger shirts with dark colors. But then my pants had deep pockets too. Mine’s never printed by doing that.

1 Like

IMO - I think people overthink about printing and having the right amo.
You can’t print if you don’t carry. If you do carry printing is not as noticeable as you think under normal conditions.
PS: printing and showing are different. Sometime if I bend over or reach for something part of the holster might show but it hasn’t ever been a problem in 53 years you see. Course now the big thing is wearing a
Don Hồ Hawaiian shirt per @Scott52 ; just remember to sing tiny bubbles when you’re wearing it.
OR YOU CAN BE THE GRAY MAN AND GO UNNOTICED.

5 Likes

Absolutely right, people are too worried about printing, 99% have no clue you’re carrying!
However, in my case, if I’m singing, I’ll be noticed but among my own people, even if I told you I had facial hair, you still couldn’t tell if I was carrying! ( FYI with a few drinks everyone can sing and sound like Don Ho ) Shaka bra! :call_me_hand:

As long as we’re going vintage ie: Aloha shirts and Don ho, this one is for everyone!

4 Likes