How do you avoid PRINTING?

Awelcome

2 Likes

The first is not a personal opinion, per se, but an observation. If the firearm can be observed through the clothing, like a lingerie model’s body, you are “printing”. The second, based on most responses, is one that many are not overly concerned about it, as if you are CC, you are not “printing”. If you are “printing”, you are not CC, but pretending. As to consequences, we have all read stories about people being “swatted” - that might be a primary concern depending upon where one lives. The second is with exposure comes other risks, such as an attempt to steal said firearm. We all live within our own level of perceived risk. Some OC (some due to need, others preference), and some CC (for similar reasons).

3 Likes

@Dave17 thanks for the reply! Really appreciate your input.

But I think I must be getting to old. It would take to much time to explain my view on the topic of printing. I figure it’s just not worth the spit anymore. Its been really great sharing stuff on this web page, but I think I will just stick to reading all of your guys great posts. Thanks

3 Likes

What Gun?

7 Likes

You just made me snort my coffee. :rofl:

5 Likes

We saw that guy at Costco last week, but his “concealment” was at 5 o’clock.
He was in what I consider the “5 o’clock” demographic of 60-80 y.o. (as am I).
Sure wished I had a camera, but it was all I could do to talk myself out of a snatch attempt.
:crazy_face:

5 Likes

When I did appendix carry, depending on the pants & holster I used, I could sometimes slip my phone in my pocket and it would disrupt the shape of the pistol beneath my belt. I’m not sure what the equivalent of that is for other carry positions.

1 Like

Mae West might have had a retort, but I don’t
 :sunglasses:

3 Likes

I was trying not to say “the gun in my pants.”

2 Likes

Currently losing weight in order to not print. Fat prints worse than skinny. Unless you have rolls to hide it in. Nothing worse than trying to hide it under your shirt and your gut more or less advertises it for you.

1 Like

I lucky genetically to be lean
but how does one get to it fast if it is hidden in rolls? Seems like a potentially life ending option.

2 Likes
  1. The presence of an object beneath your clothing is visible to the naked eye

2. It is not truly concealed at that point, gun grabs happen (see the reasons people give for not open carrying) only how it’s probably visible and without multiple levels of active retention as a proper OWB would have

2 Likes

POLE.CRAFT M&P 9mm Holster, M&P 2.0 Holster IWB Kydex Holster Custom Fit: Smith & Wesson M&P 9mm M2.0 4"/4.25" Pistol with Thumb Safety - Inside Waistband Concealed Carry - Cover Mag-Button - Widened Entrance - No Wear, No Jitter https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08DTXXTFY/ref=cm_sw_r_apan_i_ANFNTFBHY0Q1W6PR6NAK?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

This what I bought for my first IWB holster, and I love it! I carry at the 4 o’clock position, and with the right shirts, I haven’t printed yet.

1 Like

I am totally kidding about fat rolls. Though there have been people who smuggled guns into prison with body fat as cover.

3 Likes

What does everyone here think about small of the back carrying? I’ve heard mixed responses towards it.

1 Like

Do a search. this is fully covered like what is the best car oil in vehicle forums. :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

I have done a search before. I was just curious what everyone on here thinks. Personally, I haven’t tried it, mainly because 1) I’d have to get a holster designed for the opposite hand, 2) it would increase my draw time, and 3) it seems like it would be uncomfortable on car rides, and I already have back issues.

2 Likes

May be ok for a small backup gun, but I don’t see any real reason to go there. I do know that our Sheriff’s Honor Guard sometimes carry small of back under their Class A jackets when on duty, as they don’t overtly display firearms when performing at funerals etc.

2 Likes

If you’re comfortable with it, it works. If you can’t get comfortable, don’t bother.

I have a setup that feels pretty good in small of back. I don’t think it prints, but being at the bottom of my back, I guess I wouldn’t know. It’s comfortable enough that I can ride in the car that way, but honestly if I’m going to be in the car for any length of time, I’m taking it off my body no matter where that holster is at. It would be very sad if I needed a firearm and I had to wrestle with my seat belt to get to it.

I’m trying to recall the reasons some folks are against it. I recall that some swear it’s like stepping on a sidewalk crack, and you’ll immediately break your back.

2 Likes

I hear ya @Ouade5, just like anything firearms related. It’s all about your personal preference and comfort level. I was carrying strong-side at 4 o’clock at first, but I wasn’t really comfortable with it, so I switched to appendix and I’m happier with it there. One of the employees at the range I go to down here carries in the small of his back, which was why I was curious about it in the first place.

1 Like