How do you ALWAYS remember to bring your firearm?

Craziness, I’ve had some rather suspicious people try to walk into my place a time or two. They didn’t really like the reception they received when the door came open.

5 Likes

They feel that the bad guys are going to see the sign and leave their guns in the car. Yep! Just don’t go back.

2 Likes

[quote=“Dave17, post:58, topic:84456”]
As you are knife holder, are you shooting yourself?
[/quote] :man_facepalming:

Why yes, I do shoot myself before I practice the Tueller drill.

My draw is what I was referring to.

1 Like

Yes, I did understand. It is good that you are that skilled. I guess the smiley face emoji at the end of my question was not enough to show that I was only joking.

3 Likes

Welcome to the Community. We are happy to have you here with us.

2 Likes

Since all the riots and outright crime sprees started,”with the current non gun administration “, as an almost elderly living alone I have mine close to me even in my pj’s . Usually a 22 in my bra and 38 on my hip in a belly band. If you like me enjoy the belly band even just for the back support, it’s easier to remember that my gun can also go there! Lol Women especially have to be careful even piddling around the house and yard. So I think your question is interesting to ponder.

6 Likes

I did read it but a rise in daytime break ins around here solidified for me that I wasn’t crazy for carrying even taking the trash out or gardening at home.

5 Likes

Put your keys with your EDC, you can not leave without your keys.

4 Likes

Predators know when to attack. They pick times or places they know someone will be less likely able to defend themselves. They pick people place and time to catch their victim off guard. If a criminal is going to target you, it will be when they think you will be at your most vulnerable. They don’t choose gun free zones for no reason.

I honestly think that if the only gun you will be sure to always have, is no more than a NAA 22. You are still light years ahead of having nothing at all. For civilians, our goal is to get that attacker to stop what they are doing and break contact. Statistically, your are fantastically better off with the 22 you have, than the 44 you don’t have.

The obvious point here is that it needs to be there any time, all the time, unless there is a conscious choice NOT to have it, and not a necessarily repeated choice to remember it. That means that selecting, and gaining the right gun / holster / carry method, could be even more important that the practice and range time that will do you no good if you left the tool at home.

What you carry, and how good you are with it, are meaningless if it’s not there.

Forgive me for repeating what so many of us know so well, but some are new, so some things bear repeating.

I remember mine, by making it so usual, normal, and comfortable, that I have to “remember” NOT to have it for those few circumstances where you can’t.

Like my pants, I’m very conscious of the few times and places it’s ok to be without them, gun should be just the same.

I guess it helps if you feel more naked without your gun, than you do without your pants.

7 Likes

With my Job, I’m up at all hours, and I frequently see who’s walking by at 2am when all the lights are off, and how much they are looking around.

6 Likes

I don’t normally wear hard-soled shoes inside my house, so I pick up my carry weapon right after I put my shoes on. Simple.

2 Likes

It’s funny, seeing all these posts from ppl who live in Nevada about always carrying. met a guy that moved here to KY from Las Vegas and he says he can’t believe how nice the ppl are here. I could take him back in the hills and show him some places but still generally if you don’t act a fool you’re okay.

3 Likes

Las Vegas and rural Nevada are as different as chalk and cheese. My town is the friendliest place I’ve ever lived. Conservative, lots of veterans, dog lovers, gun owners.

6 Likes

I’ve spent a lot lot lot of time in the Gold Mines and Power Plants in Eastern Nevada, Elko, Carlin, Tonopah, Gabbs, Ely, Battle Mountain. I Love it, those folks are Patriotic Americans from all walks of life. Both left and right leaning, union and non union.

3 Likes

Yup, Vegas and Reno are different from everywhere else in NV, outside of those two cities it’s different, in a good way😀
I used to live in Stagecoach, now I can live anywhere within reason.

4 Likes

I keep my wallet and keys in the same safe as my EDC.

4 Likes

PS: I never forget to put my EDC ON ;but I forget to take it off ; when I do take it off I take it all off.

Sorry I just love to take it all off.

1 Like

I fall asleep on the couch almost every night with mine in an IWB. Has never come out or impacted my rest. Very comfortable, maybe after so many years I just don’t notice.

5 Likes

I read non-mainstream news every morning.

7 Likes

Makes you not bring a firearm; it makes you bring two.

6 Likes