How do you ALWAYS remember to bring your firearm?

I live in rural Nevada. Putting on my weapon is as natural as putting on my pants. I’d rather leave my cell phone at home rather than my pistol.

9 Likes

I do the samething, but usually catch it before leaving my own block. I turn around and go and get it!!! I can also say I havent always remebered though either.

1 Like

In NV also, left my wallet at home, EDC, never🤣

6 Likes

It’s just part of getting dressed every morning. Like the checklist,… keys,wallet,flashlight, lighter,holster.

8 Likes

I live in very rural Nv and sometimes forget to put on my pants.:man_facepalming:

7 Likes

I leave my holster on my belt and it is a habit to get my pistol and magazine out of the night stand when ever I get dressed.

3 Likes

I put it on before I grab my keys and wallet. I keep my mag holster on my belt so when I put my belt on my pants it is ready to go. I have just gotten so use to having it on my person I notice right away when I start to go out of the house without it.

4 Likes

Im always feeling for it, if its not there, i have multiple different platforms for all kinds of attire, stored on my pants ready to put on in the morning or in my dresser.

I have been carrying for a long time. I unfailingly carry

1. .45
  2. 3 magazines of ammo including 1 in gun.

But the strange thing for me is the number of knives I carry keeps going up. I am extremely comfortable with knives. I can beat the Tueller drill consistently, I do a lot of dry fire, and laser fire because I am still not able to get my ammo supplies back to pre Covid levels, and definitely can’t find my preferred SD Ammo. So I am carrying more knives.

2 Likes

I have made my firearm a part of getting dressed in the morning and getting all of my pocket accessories. Once I put on my belt, my appendix rig is the next item I grab. If I am not wearing pants that can take a belt, I grab my Comfort Concealment Belt and put the rig onto it. My partial OCD causes me to check and make sure everything is in its place before leaving. When I take everything off at the end of the day, everything goes back into specific places in and on my nightstand.

4 Likes

I don’t forget to take my EDC ; I forget to take it off.

5 Likes

Yes. I keep it near the door and don’t leave home without it. Out here in Nevada where they have open carry (very few do it though) they recognize my Florida carry permit (again: mid 2021 to mid 2022 they didn’t - got to watch these guys). Only ever had one person ask me about it. My standard response is “I would rather have it and never need it than need it once and not have it.” That usually works just fine.

7 Likes

Welcome aboard sir. You will like it here. Great bunch of people.

4 Likes

Good to know I’m not the only one… I have mine on me all the time… I remember a comedian once who was making fun of “gun nuts.” He jokingly said what are they going to do when someone kicks in their front door… Ask the bad guys to wait until they get their gun… I thought to myself you don’t actually know any “gun nuts.” LOL

6 Likes

Did you read the article from here about the guy that broke into the 1.2 million dollar house, attacked the elderly occupants and started it on fire? That’s why I carry all of the time.

6 Likes

Hello and welcome @Stephen324 from NW NV

3 Likes

I put mine on as soon as I put my pants on, before shirt & shoes.

2 Likes

As you are knife holder, are you shooting yourself? :sunglasses:

1 Like

I keep my “CARRY GUN” in its holster laying by the BR Door so “I See it” on the way out. But if you open the door - “from the outside”, you will not see it, the door will hide it. And an Off-Side pouch with 2 Reload Mags. M&P9C w/Optic.

My “HOUSE GUN” in my Night Stand Holster - with Mounted Light. M&P9

AND “HOUSE RIFLE” (Short Barrel AR) - Nose Down in the corner by my bed, behind a door, covered with an old shirt.

ALL - Loaded with HP / Defensive Ammo.

Look up the Petit Murders in Conn - many yrs ago.

2 BAD GUYS.

Knock Dad out,
Rape and shoot Mom dead,
Tie 2 Teen Daughters Upstairs to their beds, Rape them
then Set them On Fire - tied to bed.