How do you ALWAYS remember to bring your firearm?

When I get ready to go somewhere i would feel naked with out it, I’ve been carrying for so long it feels like it belongs. :cowboy_hat_face::cactus::us::statue_of_liberty::sunglasses::sun_with_face::dart::us::+1:

9 Likes

At the counter on my way out the door:

Wallet
Knife
Pepper spray
Spare mag
Pistol
Keys
If I know I’ll be out after dark:

Flashlight

5 Likes

I keep my EDC with my wallet and money so, I never leave home with out it.

6 Likes

I just put the firearm in the same draw as my wallet. Seems simple to me!

4 Likes

carry always…i go to the bathroom with it, always available. only time away from me is in bed, but within reach and have others around the house.

5 Likes

My belt always has a holster. Pretty hard to miss an empty holster when I put my pants on.

6 Likes

:wink:
And that is exactly the case how @P365 forgets her EDC. :lying_face:

1 Like

Easy. It’s always hooked on to the belt on my pants. The pants are right by my bed at night. I transfer it to the new pair of pants the next day. If you’re always carrying, there’s no way to forget it. There’s 3 things I never forget: keys, wallet and sidearm.

2 Likes

What’s the old saying? Testicles, spectacles, wallet and watch. And firearm.

5 Likes

Just did that Saturday. Made a Home Depot visit to finish some home projects and realized I left it [gun] home. I normally place my car keys with it so that doesn’t happen, but in this case I’d been working around the house outside and had to move the truck. When I get to my office it goes above my desk with the car keys and wallet. I’m self-employed and carry to work.

1 Like

Unless I’m leaving my house by ambulance, I’m like American Express: I don’t leave home without it.

5 Likes

Um, I have forgotten my wallet. Not in a while,though. :wink:

1 Like

Maybe I need to put my dental bridge next to my gun. I forget it more than my gun! :rofl::joy::crazy_face:

3 Likes

:person_shrugging:

Forgotten wallet? I see only one solution then…

A 2022-08-15 09-55-55

:wink:

6 Likes

Reminds me of my grandmother tying a piece of string around here finger to remember she needed to remember something.

6 Likes

There is no other solution to remember something than make it a habit.

Even we count the stuff we suppose to have on us… without making it habit, one day we may forget to count our stuff. :thinking:
Thank God carrying is not very comfortable so missing the holster behind the pant’s belt brings attention right away.

3 Likes

I live in Illinois. I simply don’t ever forget it :laughing:

7 Likes

We, Illinoisans may not remember where our cars are parked, because these might be towed, stolen, taken some other way… but there is no way we can forget a main lifesaving tool. :wink:

4 Likes

It’s ingrained - when I get dressed in the morning, the last thing I do is put on my watch, ring, and pistol(s). It’s SO ingrained that a couple of decades back, shortly after the VA decided it was cheaper to issue me store-bought teeth than to fix my natural ones, I headed out for breakfast one morning and was halfway to the restaurant when I realized my teeth were still in the bathroom…but I was wearing my piece.

5 Likes

Huh? Countless naps wearing mine. Very comfortable!

6 Likes