How could you lose your gun rights?

Every state has different gun laws, and some states have stiff penalties for firearms infractions (such as carrying in a location that prohibits firearms). No one wants to lose his or her right to own a firearm, but it can — and does — happen.

What are some ways you might lose your right to own or carry a firearm?

Check out what Tom Grieve has to say about this on our YouTube channel on April 30th!

6 Likes

Red flag laws. Also in Illinois, 3 times getting caught in a posted/listed Gun Free Zone earns you a felony. Make sure you know your state and local laws/ordinances.

3 Likes

Curious. Caught or formally reported?

2 Likes

If you are caught second time without previous report… you are caught first time then :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Caught enough the authorities become involved. Even the 1st Tim in Illinois is a misdemeanor and 150 dollar fine.

3 Likes

Red flag laws are definitely cause for concern to me; anyone who disagrees with you, resents or is angered for any reason whether real or perceived, or maybe is just having a rough day, can put you at risk of losing your 2nd amendment rights. I’m not generally a fearful person but my rights being subject to another person’s passing whim or mood is cause for real concern to me.

3 Likes

All good points. For us we cannot wait to get out of the once lovely but now ruined state of CA.

1 Like