House passes Senate bill providing security to Supreme Court justices' families

4 Likes

When it comes to our 2A rights, what effect does it have on leftist justices who now benefit from taxpayer-funded armed security? :roll_eyes:

7 Likes

I think of it more as protecting the institution itself. If you don’t protect all, we will protect none, and then there’s no chance for anyone to find justice.

3 Likes

I support this, but what about our families? Private citizenry remains as exposed to not-so-peaceful protesters, as it has been. I am not even asking for new laws, would be nice to track and arrest all the social justice troublemakers known from 2020.

3 Likes

I’m actually surprised at how little physical protection they has before this. In todays political environment, where the other guys are anti American Terrorists (Regardless of who the other guy is), we need to protect those that would be at high risk of attack.

2 Likes

That’s because they were protected by laws. I think there used to be one prohibiting influencing judicial decisions through protest in front of judge’s house. People making threats on judges used to go to prison in a heartbeat. I think this law was abolished.

3 Likes

Nope. That law is still on the books. But, like federal firearms laws, are not enforced at the federal level.

4 Likes

Accent on “not enforced”

1 Like

Disgusting!

1 Like