Hotels and motels

I’m no lawyer, but I think since it’s a private business, they have their own set of anti 2A rules. I would check all the TINY writings somewhere on the paperwork and maybe even hidden behind the ice machine. They will claim the rules against having a weapon on premises is under the toilet bowl! I DON’T TRUST ANYONE!

4 Likes

The only missiles I ever slept with were TLAMs. Lots of ADCAPs, though.

For relevant content - I’d feel that a rifle is safer with me in the hotel room, but only if I’m checking in, going to sleep, and then waking up and leaving. If I’m checking in to drop off my bags and then going out for the evening - or even down the road to a restaurant - I’d keep the rifle in the trunk until I get back to the hotel. At least I know I’m the only one with a key to the trunk, and if someone wants to break in, they’re going to have to do it in a public, well-lit place. If it’s in the hotel room and I’m not, all someone needs to do is get into the room, to which I don’t have the only key, and which they can break into at their leisure in relative privacy.

4 Likes

The only time I considered an ADCAP a missile is if it “hot run” in a torpedo tube!:hot_face:

Those were the good old days!
There’s enough bubbleheads here to man a boat. Maybe we should grab one and head for Puget Sound. Just kidding, someone may take me seriously. If someone is serious, I can still fly a boat!

6 Likes

I was sonar, so I’m qualified to take showers, burn flicks on the mess decks, eat ice cream, and sleep in the outboards during field day.

6 Likes

No worries, sit tight, I’ll find us some relative bearing grease, mid rats and a bowl of steam! That should get us through election night!

3 Likes

When we (wife and I) travel, all pieces… stay with us. Long or short, nothing stays in the car. In addition, I jam a chair under the doorknob of the exit door. Stay safe.

5 Likes

I understand that there are some interesting gadgets just for that purpose when slumming in motels. Thanks for the advice. Can’t believe things are this bad, when we are talking about chairs under doorknobs. I may as well just stand watch in full tactical gear. We are discussing taking turns sleeping in the car while the other drives.:sleeping:

6 Likes

Personally, I don’t disclose that kind of stuff. Just as we live in a Godless society these days, we live in an anti-gun society also.
Keep this under wraps and do t ask about rules, etc. the only thing that needs to apply to rules is whether or not they allow pets! Not guns!

7 Likes

Now that’s more the way I operate! Don’t ask, don’t don’t tell!

5 Likes

Stand watch in full tactical, hmmm, I will bring it up with the wife after I do the RF sweep of the room LOL

3 Likes

You make some valid points sir. I have become acquainted with my USSCA attorney whom we chose from here. She happens to live down the street and is the mayor of our city. She has been helpful with any and all questions I have posed to her. I suggest you do likewise. DT2020

3 Likes

Shower Tech that says alot!!!

4 Likes

I will ask the USCCA attorney that I know about this. I figure that it’s prohibited given the county I live in. That was slightly a little over 5 years ago before all the insanity occurred. I imagine that the hotel now has a no-guns-allowed sign out in front.

2 Likes

Especially given our current situation, I feel exactly the same way. I highly doubt I will encounter another similar situation like that anyway. But you never know. I can think of some other situations where someone might be forced to live in a hotel. For example, a fire in your neighborhood affecting homes, flooding, or pest extermination where strong chemicals are used for days.

2 Likes