Homeowner terrain analysis

2 Likes

I always thought if a rifle good for defense before the situation goes indoors. I would think any long gun would be a little unwieldy indoors. I have both snd have already run through my head how i would defend myself and mine IN the house. Castle doctrine and all. I also have thought of the aftermath when the cops finally show up. Steps: aware of a problem, activate alarm, call cops, go to my bedroom and lock the door, if they come upstairs I’ll warn I’m armed, if i have to shoot I’ll shoot through the door. Call my lawyer. If they set my house on fire i edcspe through the back window after i shoot to clear out the area My problem is i live on a farmette and live alone with a pit bull who runs awsy with loud noises. I’m afraid for the horses. What recourses do i have to protect besides using my long gun? I live in Virginia

1 Like

Short barreled shotgun?

3 Likes

Galil Ace in 5.56
Feedback I get is good for 2" at 100 yards with good ammo. Hard to explain that as self defense, but it isnt a ‘long’ gun.

2 Likes

Very nice. I’ll have to look into it. I have my .308 that i can use across my 14 acres. Have a clear view from my house during the day. Should look into night scopes

3 Likes

I have used Google Earth to map out my perimeter. Zoom in or out to find the area size you want and print off the screen shot then mark areas as you like. If you have a Neighborhood Watch you can copy and hand them out. It works for me. :+1:

1 Like

Trespassing and Theft don’t excuse deadly force in my jurisdiction.
Any home defense plan benefits from being layered.
I’d start with secure gates, loud dogs and lighting.

2 Likes