Home invasion in N.Y

3 Likes

“A local attorney has already been brought in to represent the person who shot the two would-be home invaders.

On that score, the rest of us should probably be taking notes.”

5 Likes

Did the homeowner at least show some courtesy by offering the suspects a cuppa? :roll_eyes:

3 Likes

No shugga

3 Likes

With a “Duty to retreat” in ny the home owner is most likely screwed.

2 Likes

I don’t live in a duty to retreat State so I’m not sure exactly what that means. If someone is breaking in your front door do you have to run out your back door where their accomplices could be waiting to attack you? Do you have to retreat to a back room and give the criminals access to the rest of your home and give them run of the house so they can harm other family members if they want to? I assume there would be some exemptions to having to retreat if you believe it puts you or your family in danger?

Glad they were smart and got a lawyer!

3 Likes

NY has an f’ed up law that requires the residents or occupants to do everything in they can to leave and get away. The state does not have a castle doctrine or stand your ground laws.

In otherwords its a criminal paradise for home invasions.

6 Likes

So if you trip on the way to the safe to retrieve your firearm you tried to get away? :grinning:

4 Likes

That’s the only way to have tea in the South.

4 Likes

In the South it’s called House Wine😀

3 Likes

I live in the South, I have not heard that one before, and my “house” wine is actually wine. :sunglasses: But since I do not make wine, it would have to be one of ones I regularly drink, such as Unámime Malbec.

2 Likes