Home Intruder

Roger that. Doors always locked. Critical when we’re home! Always have on us, keys, wallet, phone.

2 Likes

Cover your own 6. Never entirely depend on other people…no matter what you think of them…to protect you from harm.

2 Likes

I will add to your nightmare…A few years ago, we had a firearms student that had been shot 2 to 3 times…
Las Vegas area…Dark, the door bell rang, the mrs answered the door, (i dont remember if door was chained or ?) an innocent lady was outside stating looking for someone, the mrs opened the door, another perp outside was waiting, the perp rush inside had the mrs at gunpoint on top of her, the husband heard the commotion and rushed down from upstairs, and the perp shot him a few times. The mrs was beaten. Perps never found. Husband and wife recovered.

3 Likes

I’ll give someone a “Hands!!!” Warno first if and only if it’s a tactical advantage to declare what may or may not verify a determined “ clean shooting”.
Bottom line is a FTC ( Failure to communicate) by a “friend” that set not one but really two of you up for failure!
Disgusting and irresponsible on their part to notify you that the individual was sent to retrieve much needed items. Even if…, they were preoccupied with attempting to address their vehicle issue, they should’ve still contacted you. I’d seriously be re-evaluating the “friendship” reasoning and seriously start asking myself a very important and deliberate personally serious question that I would definitely want answered!, “Did this person intentionally attempt to set me up somehow?”
Sounds harsh I know. But let’s say you had been home and this person was looking for instructions, a phone to let the person Know that needed the tire and rim that they were inside the home, reaching for a tissue even…?, you can’t see hands and it’s dark. Bad all around. What if you just didn’t have the opportunity to call “Hands!!!” And see shadowed movement that’s looked justified?
Bad friendship no common sense. Wow, lack of consideration. I’d seriously be thinking about this, change my locks ( use those too please), and change my entry codes to the alarm system.
I’d be raged at the person that sent an innocent on this errand! Just me all around.

1 Like

In all fairness, people lead very different lives and in very different areas. It is as fair to put our individual rules on another as it is to judge the past with today’s rules. no everyone wants to live in lockdown every day. There’s a health component to that and people should make their own choices. I’d state that I lock my doors, but I would not state that everyone else should or that they are a $%&* for not. It would be unreasonable and go strongly against the intent of these discussions.

5 Likes

As my father used to say: a lock will only keep an honest person out

5 Likes

And you know when to call 911. There’s no need for that call against honest person.

2 Likes

Just out of curiosity… what was the police response time?

2 Likes

Jennifer, with all due respect, LOCK your door. This turned out ok, but wouldn’t have happened in the first place if you locked the door. It could also keep you from walking in on a VERY unpleasant experience. I live on a farm, pretty isolated, great neighbors, etc, BUT my door is ALWAYS locked. When I go down to the barn the house door is locked behind me. Why? I don’t like “surprises”. Stay safe. It only takes a second more and could keep you from serious harm.

3 Likes

The sheriff’s department was at my house before I got to my car to go home. Fastest time they have ever gotten to my house. It was under 10 minutes. They usually take about 30 minutes to get out to where I live.

1 Like

Give the teenager a medal. He send a bad person to hell. Safe the world of sorry people breathing our good air. solution to goalbal warming.

1 Like

Welcome to the family and god bless you, you are blessed to be here.