Holster fit-help needed

How is the holster feeling after this week, @Henry_A?

1 Like

Well, i am a bit embarrasedā€¦I needed to go downtown so I switched over to my IWB Kydex holster. The Kusiak is back in my range bag. I do not think I will be able to wear it for any length of time until the temperature gets much cooler-say October-and I can wear a heavier cover garment. This rig is way too obvious with a lightweight cover (t-shirt). I do not have that problem with my IWB rig, even if it is not the most comfortable available.

2 Likes

@Craig6, @wildrose I agree with both old school comments on the water soaking. I have soaked a tight holster for a day and then bagged my gun and stick it in to let dry then it does a double trick it stretches to the gun shape and then shrinks in to match it. Also soaked loose one and then let it dry till damp and again bagged up and inserted. Tightening the holster. But this was old school style. I have thought about conditioning it like Dennis the menace did hisā€¦with peanut butter.

1 Like

You would not want to use PB because peanut oil will cause leather to rot due to the mold that will grow on it. Oil would loosen it permanently as well and undo the custom moulding.

1 Like

@wildrose
Tongue in cheek. I saw that in a Dennis the Menace comic or TV show onceā€¦ He told Mr. Wilson it gave him a faster draw. Showing my age here. Lol.

2 Likes

Thatā€™s hilarious, @Joe! I hadnā€™t seen that episode.

1 Like

Try a Hidden Hybrid two clip IWB/OWB holster. They are a hybrid of heavy and very comfortable leather backer and a nice thick kydex shell to secure the firearm. Just friction retention, but is adjustable with the retention screw design they use. I accumulated a box of holsters before discovering Hidden Hybrid and I am sold! Enjoy!

2 Likes

Excuse me but as the designated Dennis in this thread. I am mortally offended by any Unsanctioned usages of said Dennis the Menace jokes.

It did not help that I was a virtual twin for the young man who played him on TV when it was on tv.

1 Like

@Zavier_Dā€¦ No joke intendedā€¦just recalling trivia from my childhood. I liked the show and cartoons/comics and things like that stuck in my head.

1 Like