Holiday Threats

I may pick some of these up! Thank you!

2 Likes

Do they hold enough power for the whole night?

2 Likes

They are motion sensing light and will stay on for 15 seconds or as long as it senses motion. On cloudy days they will last about 3 days on low charge (not constant on). My only concern with them is they are plastic and want to see how they holdup to cold weather. I have other types and none have broken.

3 Likes

I think Iā€™ll order one and try it out. I want to get a full camera system, but money, wiring (Iā€™m not sure I want the ones that you pull down and recharge), and work have put that on halt. Something like this would be a cheap but effective deterrent on top of all of my other deterants.

2 Likes

I think Iā€™m gonna have to watch these guys closely. Canā€™t trust a elf on a shelf.

2 Likes

Yup. Just like lawn gnomes, seems like every time I come outside, they moved and the dog is always barking at them. :thinking:

1 Like

I worry more about the pan handlers and the repeated criminals who like to jack cars at gas stations while people are pumping gas.
I always put my back against my car so that I may watch whats infront of me and left and right of me. I usually try to us the automatic lever thats on a gas pump so that I can keep both hands open and easily accessible if I need to reach for my gun. If my kids are with me I will lock the doors while I pump or tell my kids to lock the doors if I have to pay inside.

5 Likes

So I ordered these for cheap.

Solar Lights, Vivii Motion Sensor 30 LED Super Bright Security Lights Solar Outdoor Spotlight Flood Lighting for Backyard Garden Patio and Pathway, 4 PK https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07P4F5HDG/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glc_fabc_Y7c2FbHK8GT2W?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

I also upped my camera game today and have a camera above the drive way. If I like the camera, Iā€™ll buy a couple more to put around the perimeter.

2 Likes

Iā€™d offer them the opportunity to put the item down and lay on the ground until the police arrived. If they chose another path, well, thenā€¦

2 Likes

Iā€™d call 911, but Iā€™d come out and confront them non violently (Iā€™d be yelling, chances are theyā€™d run). I have cameras up to try and assist neighbors and police in identifying them.

Guns donā€™t get drawn over packages on the front porch. Most companies will work with you if goods are stolen.

3 Likes

Unfortunately it seems the silly season is now year roundā€¦

3 Likes

I hear you brother @Kevin29 you are so correct.:+1::+1:

1 Like