Holiday Decorations in Retail Stores

R manages a store for a large national retailer in an upscale mall. Yesterday she came home with a glass pumpkin full of candy that she had placed at the registers. It just so happens she had a surprise inspection of her store by a corporate goon. They occasionally come in to see if the place is clean, the floor sets are correct etc.
It seems a pumpkin with treats at the checkout counter “Could be found offensive by some customers”, that’s what they said. She asked if a cereal bowl full of treats would be OK, that pretty much PO’d the goon so she has now has to go through 4 hours of “Sensitivity Training”.
Luckily she has a good sense of humor about it, she’ll sit through a half a day Teams session about Holidays, Pronouns, and “Sensitivity”.
It’s a good thing I don’t work in a disgustingly woke environment, they’d certainly discriminate against me rather quickly.

18 Likes

Some corporate goons need a little “Sensitivity Training” themselves. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: :sweat_smile: :rofl:

6 Likes

It’s a shame your wife is good natured about this. She should be offended and claim the goon is sexist,misogynistic, a bigot and claim a need for reperations.
So glad I got out when I did. Underwent the madness at one shop, ended up going to work mandated counciling for anger issues. Cool thing was the councilor said I had no issue with anger, that management was effed up, and put this in writing and sent it too HR. Next and last shop was big on diversity and inclusiveness, and I asked which was more important as these two items don’t necessarily go together. They pretty much left me alone after that,and let me actually do my job.

7 Likes

I got their sensitivity training right here! Is this next?

4 Likes

You schooled them and they were actually intelligent enough to see how you are right.
To save yourself frustration, I can only recommend not to work for places that hate you.

6 Likes

I went one better. Biden got in,I got out lol. Retired a bit early, Bidens first full day, but definitely no regrets. I’ve had a few work related dreams that have been hilarious, and support my “no regrets” feelings. The career I was in (inspection of aircraft component and assembly/ mil/commercial turbines and Apache/Chinook rotorheads and drivetrains) had me always being the “enemy.” Necessary evil. After awhile,the acerbic sarcasm gets honed; self preservation doncha’ know.

6 Likes

We’re decorating wooden ‘pumpkins’ for competition/sport at work, and will be dressing up for Halloween. I’ll bet there’s at least one really good one of Pennywise. :boom:

3 Likes

Were you a TI in the Army then? TI’s save the day so many times. Very much so with the younger line mechanics we have had in recent years.

2 Likes

No, got into it as a civilian, my home is fairly close to quite a few shops, Pratt and Whitney, Sikorsky (now Lockheed Martin), Electric Boat, Hamilton Sundstrand among them, as well as the smaller places supplying parts. Spent 14 years here, the Apache/Chinook rotorheads shop, did some O & R on Blackhawks as well. Sole source on AH64 and CH47.
pcxaero.com

3 Likes

Don’t forget PTS due to Work Related Stress, Pain and Suffering, and the need for Respite.

4 Likes

Good deal sir. Very important work to be sure.

4 Likes

To put things in perspective, do you think people deep in a coal mine worry about wokeness. You can’t tell race or sex of your fellow workers after a few hours. If people ever got out of the cities they might notice a real life exists.

3 Likes

Prison works the same way. :fearful:

2 Likes

It’s no coincidence that humorless people are attracted to jobs like this.
Bureaucrats are even worse, because if they don’t get your joke, they can shoot you.

2 Likes

Surprised they said anything about the Jack-O-Lantern, wasn’t the store trying to honor the holiday traditions of Druidic Americans or Satanist Americans? They have gone so “woke” nobody is included!

3 Likes

They were afraid it would offend New England Puritans, who know for a fact that Jack-O-Lanterns are a symbol of the headless horseman, who has never been captured and is assumed to still be at large.

3 Likes

How about taking this corporate POS out back and giving him the education of a Patriot and the opportunity to redeem himself?

3 Likes

The lady at the cash register should have put up a small bowl full of 9mm rounds with a sign that said " Help yourself…2 rounds per customer" !!!

3 Likes

She carries a .380 but still…

1 Like

I guess that’s why I’ve been on my own since I was 23. I can’t stand working ANYWHERE that I have to deal with a “boss”. I prefer to be my own boss. It has some major advantages.

2 Likes