Here it comes! (Proposed gun legislation)

https://www.congress.gov/bill/117th-congress/house-bill/125/all-info?r=19&s=1

2 Likes

It will easily pass in the house. The question is will the senate change the rules so it passes there.

6 Likes

Mandatory even for CCW holders?

1 Like

I would expect mandatory except for government (military and law enforcement).

4 Likes

More new laws—
69. H.R.167 — 117th Congress(2021-2022)
To prohibit the transfer of a firearm at a gun show by a person who is not a federally licensed firearms dealer.

1. H.R.121 — 117th Congress(2021-2022)
    To provide for the hiring of 200 additional Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives agents and investigators to enforce gun laws

2. H.R.130 — 117th Congress(2021-2022)
    To require the safe storage of firearms and ammunition, and to require the investigation of reports of improper storage of firearms or ammunition.

3. H.R.127 — 117th Congress(2021-2022)
    To provide for the licensing of firearm and ammunition possession and the registration of firearms, and to prohibit the possession of certain ammunition

3 Likes

Anyone surprised?

4 Likes

Let’s discuss these parts in particular:
115. H.R.130 — 117th Congress(2021-2022)
To require the safe storage of firearms and ammunition, and to require the investigation of reports of improper storage of firearms or ammunition.
116. H.R.127 — 117th Congress(2021-2022)
To provide for the licensing of firearm and ammunition possession and the registration of firearms, and to prohibit the possession of certain ammunition

Consider, just owning any firearm will subject the owner to Red Flag harassment. Also just keeping an easily accessible and/or loaded firearm for protection could be considered improper storage

Consider, if the Supreme Court is packed, there will be no weight behind upholding the 2A as a Constitutional Right other than the ink on the paper!
Registration has historically been the first step towards confiscation.

6 Likes

I think the rule book was thrown out with the election. Game over, they make the rules, there is no turning back. I never thought the constitution could be burned! The king is in power, there will be NO protection of individual rights!

9 Likes

Well sorry not complying with any law that is unconstitutional. Not going to do it. No where in the Constitution does it say I have to have a license to own a firearm or how much ammo I can have or even what type. So sorry not complying. It does say shall not infringe and this all sounds like infringement to me. So yep not complying. I’d rather face my enemy on my feet then bow down to my knees to them. Well, unless I’m getting into a better firing position by doing so, then I might do it. Stay safe all. And stand strong for the Constitution.

9 Likes

I could see this easily turning into Canada’s all ammo must be locked separate from guns. Making most self defense stories at night potentially criminal for the victim for simply having a gun ready.

I hope I’m being dramatic… but I’m uncertain.
We’re really going to have to hope local governments ignore some of this crap.

1 Like

I am right there with you @Chris122 and more people need to have this mentality. We cannot allow this tyranny to exist. We must protect from all invaders both foreign and domestic. This new regime is coming at us hard all the while their hypocrisy oozes from every orifice as they talk about unity and healing…

3 Likes

So it is no surprise, or shouldn’t be a surprise, that this new administration is going to hammer the 2a community hard. Just this last week, multiple gun control bills have been submitted in the House. Plus, the ATF in recent weeks has gone after 80% lowers and pistol braces after talking with Joe Biden and informing him they are “concerned” about these lowers and braces.

I keep hearing people say “Biden isn’t going to take your guns” and “this is America, they won’t be able to take the guns.” I am sure this is the same thing Russian, Cambodia, Yugoslavia, and many other countries said before it actually happened.

Well here are the list of bills already hitting the floor as of last week.
HR95 (this is actually good for us if passed!! This will remove suppressors from the NFA act no longer requiring a tax stamp to purchase one)

HR30 https://www.congress.gov/bill/117th-congress/house-bill/30

HR121 https://www.congress.gov/bill/117th-congress/house-bill/121?s=1&r=20

HR125 https://www.congress.gov/bill/117th-congress/house-bill/125?s=1&r=19

HR127 https://www.congress.gov/bill/117th-congress/house-bill/127?s=1&r=18

HR130 https://www.congress.gov/bill/117th-congress/house-bill/130/titles?r=15&s=1

HR167 https://www.congress.gov/bill/117th-congress/house-bill/167?s=2&r=4

What it comes down to is we all need to be proactive and utilize the resources we have that help us keep our 2a rights. I have included a list of resources and groups that you can either follow and/or join.

Youtube: Channel Guns and Gadgets
This channel is phenomenal. The guy that runs this channel is either a cop or retired cop back east. He uploads 1-3 times a day, typically keeps his videos short, but keeps the 2a community notified of the current attacks against the second amendment, as well as the wins.

Gun Organizations:
Gun Owners of America
www.gunowners.org
Non-profit organization that fights for our gun rights

Second Amendment Foundation

Nonprofit that actively sues governments for unlawful gun laws and has a strong track record of winning these fights

You don’t have to sign up for memberships to be a 2a advocate. Please make sure we are all acting in a professional and kind manner when in public, especially if open carrying. Teach the uninformed in a kind and patient way and do not engage poorly with people on the other side of the fence. Get people new to firearms educated and help them be amazing 2a advocates. Try to bring people afraid or new to guns to the range and teach them gun safety and basic marksmanship.

If you are new to guns, please feel free to reach out to me with any questions you have. We all need to be in this together because as gun owners, we are all under attack.

6 Likes

“Certain ammunition.”

What “certain ammunition” are we referring to?

3 Likes

Scary ammo. Maybe assault ammo? :wink:

6 Likes

Investigate the safe storage of firearms? What is deemed as “safe storage”? So if I lock-up a rifle for self defense loaded with a magazine but not chambered and on safe is that going to be illegal? Doesn’t this also assume the ATF knows every firearm you own?

Removing suppressors from NFA is good but then everything basically becomes NFA, even ammunition?

1 Like

When you own the House, the Senate and the WH the law is what you say it is.

Cheers,

Craig6

6 Likes

I just sent an e-mail to my senator asking him to oppose this legislation if it gets to the senate. That is one thing we can do, contact our legislators.

2 Likes

My legislators are all Democrat, not sure it’s worth the effort.

2 Likes

You can contact any senators or house members and register your support or opposition to any proposed bills.
Maybe if enough of your rep’s hear from their constituents that they oppose this, that may sway them if they know no one in their district supports it.

1 Like

Lol, roger the scary assault ammo. Truly terrifying.

3 Likes