Hello from Alaska

Hello im Jeffery currently stationed in Alaska. Im mostly in to hunting and fishing but I also carry for my own protection. Im here to learn and possible sign up for one the premium memberships.

14 Likes

Hello and welcome @Jeffery61
Stationed with who?

3 Likes

Army at Richardson

6 Likes

Welcome Jeffery61. It’s a dream of mine to visit Alaska for that same reason.

It’s a welcomed lifestyle for me.

It brings me peace of mind to have this insurance. Helped a couple of relatives to sign up. I sleep better knowing they have more legal protection.

Because I care about em, I encourage them to focus on safer use, and to be a calm, cool, carrier. Having good judgement is a learned skill, and we should all be forever students of that.

Wish you well.

3 Likes

Thank you for your service :us:

6 Likes

Thanks good to know! Im thinking to give the basic membership a test run im always willing to learn. Do they offer any hunting classes or mostly for self defence?

Im have been fishing for a while but hunting im still learning its a great place to get started.

4 Likes

I’ve only seen self defense classes herein, as opposed to hunting. A few “posted” topics were on hunting, which I’m new to.

If you haven’t seen this film yet, I especially liked the story at the very end:

(2018) with Steven Rinella

2 Likes

welcome to the Community @Jeffery61
I hope you will sign-up, there is a wealth of information and micro training courses offered that will do you a lot of good especially being in the Farthest North. where at in the AK, oh, got it, Ft Rich. I was at FWW back in the 80s x 4 yrs.

4 Likes

Ohh no… FWW im sorry, kidding! Its very different but at least you have the North Pole.

Although I feel fourtante to be at JBER. The Air Force side seams to be a little more comfortable.

3 Likes

See, I never would have thought that Richardson and Elmendorf would have become Joint. But I guess in order to keep it from possible closure, they had to do something. lol. Joking aside. Actually my time at Wainwright was quite enjoyable. So much so that I completed two tours: 18 mo. and then 30 months. Afterward, I went to Ft. Sam Houston and got a job, and that job led me to Fort Benning enroute to Bragg, NC where I finished out my career.

5 Likes

Welcome :hugs: @Jeffery61. The USCCA membership is, in my opinion, a very good deal.

As others have said, thank you for your service.

3 Likes

@Jeffery61 Welcome to the community!

There’s several members of the community here that hunt. We would love to hear about your Alaska hunting adventures!

7 Likes

Welcome

3 Likes

@Jeffery61 Welcome to our community, we are glad to have you. :slightly_smiling_face:

Do you have a rifle for hunting? My overall choice for your area would be a 30.06.
For your first couple of hunts I would recommend a guide and pick his brain.

Some info on your area.
Hunting - Joint Base Elmendorf–Richardson - iSportsman

6 Likes

Jeffery61,you cannot go wrong with the insurance,i used it for a confrontation i had and it saved me 3 K and i called them and the next morning I had an ATTY to represent me,I checked other plans and this had the best benefits!

7 Likes

Welcome to the Community @Jeffery61. We are honored to have you join us. You’ve definitely picked a great place to be.

We would love for you to get any questions answered about USCCA memberships. Have you had a chance to call and speak with anyone, since you posted here?

5 Likes

@Jeffery61

Don’t know how you would take an employee recommended call. But as a long time member, I can tell you that the USCCA is absolutely the gold standard for new customer and member support

I actually pay for 3 Elite memberships, never needed it. But I had 2 incidents that came close.

6 Likes

Welcome to the Community. Feel free to ask questions

6 Likes

At the time of my issue USCCA could not sell the insurance in Wa,but since i was from Texas and an elite member they fully furnished the representation,that is one thing i like about USCCA

6 Likes

@Jeffery61 Welcome to the USCCA Community, a great choice to choose, and hopefully you’ll consider joining the membership. There’s lots of fantastic material to cover, lots to learn, and a lot of great members to converse with. You are in the right place. Thank you for your service. Hoo-Rah!

5 Likes