Hellcat or P365

Haley,
Definitely go to the range and test them out . Honestly, you may not like either one. There are lots of options out there, one that comes to mind is the kahr if you like that kind of trigger. Talk with the sales people and see what they have. It’s really tough when you don’t try them out first. 2a peps are good people, we always are willing to help out a fellow supporter. Especially when your dealing with a good amount of money.
Welcome! And of course, good luck!

3 Likes

What you really want is something that fits your hand and is comfortable for you to shoot. Do not let people get you stuck on one brand or caliber/size. Good Luck

3 Likes

Avoid Springfield.
They may have some fine pistols, but their attempted political deal a few years back put them in my forever-banned book.

4 Likes

I carried a 1911 45 Springfield until I had a feed problem. They fixed it but I have never carried it again.

2 Likes

It all boils down to what feels good for you. I always carried various Glocks, 26, then 43. I picked up a P365 and that is now my EDC. Great gun now that all the initial issues with striker drag, etc. have been resolved. I carry it with a 12 rd magazine. Wife loves the 10 rounds 365 as well.

4 Likes

I have hundreds of rounds through my P365 with no malfunctions. Very accurate for a 3.1 inch barrel. I run a 12 round mag in mine. Real easy to conceal. I love the thing and it’s my EDC.

5 Likes

Just what I observed,
Just completed 3 day training class, pretty close to 1000 rounds. Guy next to me had a Hellcat, kept having issues to the point that the instructor questioned what was wrong. Another was using the 365 ran like a top,
Again, just what I observed. I have no skin in this game, I prefer cz.
Ultimately he went to another pistol.

5 Likes

Hello,
I also wrestled with the decision on which one to purchase, Hellcat or the P 365.
The Hellcat is manufactured in Romania, as the P 365 is made here.
I shot both and found that for me the P 365 felt and handled better.
I suggest, as what I did, find a range that will rent both models and see which one you like better.

5 Likes

The instructor was right to question what was wrong. There have been high round tests of the Hellcat and it has done well.

2 Likes

:scream: 2hr of speeded up video… I’m wondering who would be able to watch original version… :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

No doubt that would be a “LONG” video at actual speed. I wished someone would do a test where they didn’t do the manufacture recommended spring replacement, just to see how the gun failed as the springs went past their service life.

4 Likes

What hurt me the most was him expending that much valuable ammo for no real world purpose. Other than these torcher test folks who really puts that many rounds through a small carry weapon? A competition pistol may see this kind of round count.

2 Likes

I do not own either but have shot them both. (rented both at my local gun range) I found the recoil on the 365 to be much less than the Hellcat. I commented on this to the person who had rented them to me and he said many people said the same thing.

That being said I would agree with the other posters here. Shoot them both yourself if possible before buying one.

3 Likes

The Hellcat is what I went with. They are both great guns, but the hellcat just felt better in my hands and the sight is really great for me. I know the p365 has better material in the slide, but otherwise I cannot think of an advantage. They will both make you happy and keep you safe.

4 Likes

Glock 43 (sorry, couldn’t help myself).

3 Likes

Sounds like you made a good pick! :+1:

4 Likes

I picked one up today and holy cow it was nice. I was able to get a good grip, the sights were nice… I thought about buying it very seriously.

4 Likes

I don’t own either but shot both at the range and the Sig 365 had much less felt recoil in my hands.
If you can suggest you rent both like I did and see for yourself.
Hope this helps.

2 Likes

They’re similar enough to me I call it a toss up. I chose because SA offers big discounts on magazines if you register the purchase on their website.

3 Likes

Nice piece of hardware brother @Oliver_L.

1 Like