Hellcat or P365

I found this problem with M&P Shield. To drop the mag I had to move my pinky away and shake the grip outside.
I’m not sure if it is because the size of grip, mag weight or way how I grip the handgun… :thinking:

2 Likes

I’ll try to borrow a Hellcat and see if the same happens. No problem with a tiny LCP tho.

1 Like

Of course best to rent each and fire before buying. That said both are good. Pretty close as you can see here…

https://www.handgunhero.com/compare/sig-sauer-p365-vs-springfield-hellcat-micro-compact

I have tried Sig and it is nice CC, but every gun is different in every hand. Find the gun and hold it even if you cannot fire it.

Also pick a target and do a quick raise at safe spot. Everything else like features matter, but not if gun does not feel good in your hand.

That been said, go with Sig. whoops, my bias is not concealed.

Good luck. In this day, if you find one, buy it. It won’t be there tomorrow.

2 Likes

If both are easy to shoot (fits your hand) then the one that would be easier to rack

1 Like

The hellcat is still a smaller handgun !

The Sig P365 is shorter in length but about 0.3" longer on the grip which is where I would want the bigger dimension. The difference in size IMO is negligible as they are both very small for the round capacity.

365vxSpHc

1 Like

@Jerzy that has happened to me also. When the mag is empty it gets lighter and stays stuck in the mag well and you have to shake it.

1 Like

**This is the definitive answer

Get the Sig P365! I have been carrying it for well over two years and it has been flawless. I have about 4,000 rounds through it now. ** I’m the type that has to have the latest and greatest, so I salivated when the Hell Cat appeared on the scene. Fortunately, I was able to rent it at a local range before buying it. I shot about 150 rounds through it. Found it to be substantially snappier with dramatically more uncontrollable recoil than the P365. Also, the grip texture was more aggressive and between that and the recoil my hand and Palm really bothered me. I’m sure the Hell Cat can do its job as an EDC, but it’s not fun to shot at the range.

3 Likes

Well I am speaking from experience with the P365. I have had one for almost a year at this point. I’ve used different ammo and no feed jams after approximately 500 rounds. I have both iwb and owb holsters. Either way easy to conceal.

1 Like

I have fired both and they are very similar, but still different enough. Like others have said, try to rent both and that should answer your question. At minimum, try to get your hands on them (good luck these days). The Hellcat feels better in my hand, but may not in yours. If one doesn’t feel right, then you don’t need to rent it. If neither, back to the drawing board…

1 Like

I bought a Sig p365 XL love it great for concealed carry

1 Like

Both excellent choices. You also might want to consider the S & W Shield. You could not go wrong with any of these three.

1 Like

Hmmm, I haven’t had that issue with my shield, that being said, if you hit the release button before totally removing hand from flush mag I could see that happening :thinking:. This is one of the reasons I like the shield 45. It’s familiar to me like the shield 9, but it’s meatier and manipulation of the gun feels better.

Had to jump on and defend my trusty shield :rofl:.

I’m getting tired of the Hellcat vs P365. We need some new guns to come out :joy:.

2 Likes

@Scoutbob, you are right… we need new thread with real firearms comparison. :wink:A_20200806_01

2 Likes

Welcome to the family brother and god bless you.

1 Like

Same to you brother

1 Like

I have been a glock nut since the 80’s and the P365 has become my EDC instead of the Glock 26 and 43. While it had some flaws out of the gate, they have resolved the issues. None of them are as easy to handle as the Glocks but the smaller size and larger capacity make up for that. If you have small hands the included magazine is fine but I have larger hands and the 12 rd magazine settles any issues. I love this gun. I have a couple thousand rounds through it and not a single misfire.

2 Likes

Welcome to the family brother and you are blessed to be here.

1 Like

Thank you!

1 Like

I own the 365 and I recommend using the extended magazine, so your pinky has a resting place. For me, it was surprising how much easier the gun was to control, with 4 fingers on the grip, instead of 3 (not counting the thumb, which is elsewhere).

1 Like