Head to Head Comparisons

Which version of the Crossbreed (they have so many!)? I’m going to try the JM4Tactical that one of the women I work with suggested. I’ll most-likely take advantage of Expo specials to try a few new holsters :wink:

1 Like

For the IWB she has the SuperTuck
For the OWB she has the Open Top Pancake (all leather).

She has looked at some of the appendix ones, but so far has not tried one. Use your “points” and start on that new box of holsters!! :smiley:

2 Likes

I just keep the Glock 26 for CCW, as @Brian1 pointed out these subcompact framed Glocks shoot flatter than one would expect.

Personally I went with Glocks for defense as they all function same more or less with the grip, trigger, mag release, slide release if unable to sling rack, sights, and bore axis.

3 Likes

About the only time Glocks come out ahead. :rofl:

2 Likes

Depends on the gun and what I am doing.

• If I am on the bike it is 90% going to be a shoulder rig.
  • Most other times it is either IWB and/or on the ankle.
  • I am limited on what I have that lend themselves well for the ankle.
  • As for IWB it varies slightly depending on weapon and holster but mostly between 3 and 5 o’clock.

I have recently started playing around with appendix carry but so far just at home (I dont feel comfortable with it yet to go out in public that way

3 Likes

Dawn, give a look to the flashbang holster. One of the women I teach with swears by it.

I just got one for my wife for VDay. I hope she likes it.

2 Likes

I did that with G43, M&P Shield, and P365. P 365 was just out, and there were reports of too many problems for a carry gun. M&P shot well, but finish looked iffy. Overall quality didn’t seem as good as the others. Went with the Glock, since I had a G27 since the mid ‘90s.

2 Likes

I found it to be the exact opposite with the Glocks. :confused:

I’m so glad there are a huge variety of firearms to choose from so we can all find carry guns that work for us!

I’ll look at the waist holsters, but like the men who won’t carry abdominally, I won’t carry in my bra. Not to mention the added wear and tear that piece of clothing doesn’t make sense to me.

2 Likes

My go to is a Flashbang. They sell a few for men. Mine is a Capone.

2 Likes

That’s what it’s about, is finding what works for you.

Not to follow the trends, I’ve said this before I absolutely dislike the Beretta 92, in the 90s many folks had this or the Taurus clone. I’m not knocking it, it’s just not or me.

Back then it was the number one “recommended” model to me, I went with what worked best overall.

2 Likes

I have always tried to rent the gun I’m thinking about buying. Especially so when I’m looking to change calibers. Most recently, I wanted to try a 10mm since it’s very similar to .357 in terms of knockdown. I was currently carrying a Glock 30 in .45. I brought my 30 and rented a Glock 29 (both compacts). I found little difference in the recoil and target acquisition and now I carry the 29 regularly. I live in Arizona and concealed carry in the summer months is sometimes tricky. I was carrying a Glock 26 in the warm weather, but last summer switched to a Sig 365 which conceals better with just a t-shirt.

Always carry at 3 to 4 o’clock. IWB or OWB depending on the cover garment. IWBs are N82 and OWB are
High Noon holsters.

5 Likes

I have a couple of Flashbang holsters, but the weight of the Sig P365 is a bit more than my G43 and my Glock likes to pop out of the bra! Especially when it’s a bit warm out and the sweat starts! Yes I have the lining for the Flashbang, and it does slow it down, but still is just a bit heavy for the concealment in MHO. With that being said, I still haven’t found a good holster for my Sig P365 Sas. Suggestions are more than welcome!

2 Likes

Welcome to the Community, @Jo_Lynne!

I’ve ordered the JM4 tactical holster for the 365. I’ll let you know what I think of it when I get it. One of the girls at work swears by hers! :slight_smile:

4 Likes

JM4 Tactical makes one of the best holsters ! You won’t be disappointed :+1:

3 Likes

I have several that I choose from. My normal carry gun is a Glock 32 in .357 SIG., but if I am headed into a known poor/dangerous part of town I will up the carry to either a 1911 in .45 ACP or a Glock 21 in 10 MM. if I need to dress up, the carry gun changes to a Springfield Hellcat in 9 MM, or a Glock 48 in 9 MM. I also always carry a Glock 43x in 9 MM as a backup gun.

2 Likes

I’m excited to try it, but I won’t get it for another week or two at least! :confused:

2 Likes

I just did the P365 vs Hellcat head-to-head comparison as well. The first thing I noticed was how much slimmer the P365 felt, followed by how much less felt recoil it had. I like the sights of the Hellcat though.

But…I’m now eyeing the P365 as my next carry gun. :slight_smile: Great minds… :wink:

2 Likes

I have 3 carry guns based on my dress. I have 3 outfits: 1. suit, 2. sweater/chinos, and 3. Jeans and sweater shirt.

Mostly I carry a Shield 1.0.
I like to carry a Glock 19.
When I’m very casual I’ll carry a 1911.

I find only on days in business casual I need to carry appendix. Otherwise I’m a 4 o’clock guy.

1 Like

I’m using Tucker Holsters… which are identical to JM4 :slightly_smiling_face:. Production + Delivery time → 2 - 3 weeks… but once you get it, you won’t use another holster anymore :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Done it more than once.

I always shoot the 1911 style pistols better.

I shot the P938 better than G43, P365, LC9, G27, and G26.

I shoot the 911 (380) the same as the P938. The 911 has a green laser. I find I can hit what I am aiming at faster with the iron sights but am able to make a long distance shot better when I use the laser. At 7-yards or less, I can hit what I want with the 1911 style pistols (P938, 911, Kimber micro 380) without using any sights.

For concealed carry, I have discovered that I need something that does not weigh more than a pound (16-Oz). When it is much over a pound, I find that I do not want to carry it and it does not do much good if one does not have it.

2 Likes