Have you talked to your representative lately?

Most of the time. :smiling_imp: Get on my bad side, and I can be a problem.

3 Likes

@45IPAC :pleading_face::flushed::scream:oh yes
Chet

2 Likes

My senator is Doug Jones (D) and the last time I emailed him it was about Kavanaugh. And then he delayed responding to me until after and said that we couldn’t support sex offenders or something to that effect. Either way it made me mad. But I probably should email him and let him know I support the 2A and that I am against the gun grabbers. And I’ll see if I can find my representative too. Politicians are such a drag :unamused::roll_eyes:

3 Likes

I actually voted for Doug Jones, only because I could not in good faith vote for Roy Moore. You would think the Republicans might do their due diligence before nominating a guy who had multiple complaints against him for shady shady behavior.

2 Likes

Not sure @Randall318 but this definitely is not the election cycle for experiments
I’m bombarded everyday by politicians needing help wanting cash and the d@&n*est thing is election night 2020 I won’t hear a peep out of them for anywhere from 2 to 5 1/2 years.

1 Like

Yes, and it was the generic thank you form letter, but he actually does a good job about sending out polls about the various topics that he may be leaning one way or the other on. Thankfully, he’s very pro 2A and pro Veterans and pro Military…so normally my emails are “thank you for supporting please continue to support…” types of emails.

2 Likes

I personally support Firearms Policy Coalition. They offer a lot of support for the Second Amendment, and actually fight the good fight for us. During times where the foundations of the great American Experiement are under attack it is more important than ever to support firearm rights advocate groups both vocally and monetarily.

3 Likes

Super 2A people in State and Federal levels here, even constitutional carry! Almost no chance that will change in the near future. Watchful still, because crap happens fast.

1 Like

Have you all been talking to your representatives more in the last month?

Not sure who your representative is? This site can help:
https://whoismyrepresentative.com/

2 Likes

I have definitely. Does it have any benefits? Not Sure but other than the office staff collecting opinions? Who really knows for sure? My old Representative was Peter Roskam ® IL6 he is a Rino Republican but always voted in favor of Gun Rights and his office even called me once to get my view. He won originally because he was Tea Party, he evolved into Rino Then came the 2018 Midterm and now I have a Sean Casten (D) and his voting records follows Nancy Pelosi voting records. Vote records are easy to get, they’re a matter of public record. The office staff are nice, they record your name which they have mine already from their caller ID, and take your comment. I have been invited to his seminars but he talks and then the donations begin. I not giving money to a (D) that will vote to further impede something that is a Right. My County was Redrawn; gerrymandered after the last election to bring in part of Cook Co IL which in turn flipped my county from Republican to Democrat

1 Like

Yes I have. He is a staunch 2A supporter. He isn’t also the head of the 2nd Amendment Caucus for the Republican Party. He wants to meet the 4H rifle team I coach.

2 Likes

I am constantly in contract with my local and state officials. I believe it’s my duty as a 2nd amendment advocate to be involved, my wife Samantha is talk to members of the DC project and getting involved with that organization. But most importantly I believe you need to join your state’s grassroots organization.

3 Likes