Have you been watching USCCA videos? Take the quiz

:+1:
I like this.
It’s easier to understand than AOJ triangle.

2 Likes

Oh, I’ve watched it. But personally I find it less intuitive to say “weapon” when that could be bare hands. Personal preference I guess. To me, and this is just me, “ability” just seems a little more intuitive.

I don’t think I have seen a state law or set of jury instructions just yet that used either of these lists of 3 explicitly, so as long as the underlying principle is understood, that is what matters. And Kevin makes sure that those who watch the content, understand.

3 Likes

He can’t, as a WA resident, hold a USCCA membership, so he cannot log in to the Protector Academy on the USCCA website (or app) to watch the member only content.

Same applies to NY and NJ

1 Like

Would ability be delivery system and not weapon? Like Kevin says, if you have a man in a wheel chair 50 feet from you threatening you with a knife, you shouldn’t engage. Yes he’s threatening you, yes he has a deadly weapon, but no he doesn’t have the delivery system or ABILITY to cause you imminent great bodily harm.

Just want to clear that up.

1 Like

Damn so those state governments are like my ex-roommate who tried telling me to stop watching gun videos, tell me I don’t need to carry my 3 6 round spare mags of my G43, and get away from the gun stuff, and would always tell me the USCCA is a waste of money because every month I don’t shoot somebody I’m just wasting my money. Then try to tell me why can’t I just go with a public defender and then tell me if somebody ever breaks in the house and I shoot them, she’s taking my own gun from me and shooting me in the foot with it to see how I would like it?

1 Like

The video is just using synonyms — for variety? to secure or honor copyright? for perceived clarity?
I don’t see how there is difference or simplicity, but whatever people best understand is mo’ better.

Ability = Weapon
• the weapon is the ability to cause harm

Opportunity = Delivery System
• being within range of the delivery system is the opportunity to cause harm

Jeopardy = Intent
• the intent of the attacker is what puts you in jeopardy of harm.

3 Likes

@techs - with your explanation there shouldn’t be any problem with understanding now !

I found “AOJ triangle” to be hard to understand for students, whenever I talk about it. But for me, theses should be terms we use and be familiar with before attorney starts using them. :grimacing:

USCCA made it easier to assimilate.

2 Likes

Yeah I definitely understand it now. It just confuses me with how it’s worded.

3 Likes

@moderators . Hi. I’m attempting to take this quizzes however, I’m not able to get a quiz to pop up for me. What do I do? Thank you :blush:

1 Like

I’ll send you a DM to help with this, Natalie!

1 Like

Welcome to the family @Natalie6 and God bless you.

Welcome @Natalie6

1 Like