Has anyone ever or have you ever told someone their concealed firearm is exposed?

None of my business.

3 Likes

If I can see it’s unintentional I’ll discreetly say something to the fellow CC licensee. In my state open carry is Ok so even printing is not a big deal.

2 Likes

I was in a coffee house and had a T shirt on. I live in FL and it is not an Open Carry State. My T shirt had gotten caught on the butt of my Glock and it was exposed. A young man came over and let me know the weapon was in plain sight. I was appreciative of hi
s remark but also a little embarrassed.

3 Likes

I road the Metro in and out of DC for a few years. One day I saw people moving away from a man on the platform. He had a Concealed Pistol exposed. I walked up to him and mentioned people moving away. He said he thought he had BO. I pointed out his pistol was exposed. Very embarrassed he covered it. He was a LEO, he was grateful for being told. Saw him often over the next year or so, he remembered and we would chat. Just because your a Federal Agent does not mean you are perfect!

5 Likes

My wife and kids tell me if I am printing. No one else ever has. I’ve seen folks open carry, seen some print, and have seen one or two showing in such a way as it appears unintentional. However, where I live no one reacts to the sight of a gun on the hip as open carry is legal. So I’ve never said anything. I have struck up conversations with guys who open carry.

Is this the place to post that my gun fell out of my holster and right onto the ground once? It was a pretty populated area. Thankfully it was dark, I was surrounded by family so no one saw other than them. I was in a place where I was legal, but probably would have been asked to leave had anyone noticed. It was also winter and the big coat pockets hid my gun until I could find a bathroom stall to fix it. To anyone thinking of carrying a Ruger P89 in a shoulder holster, it works, just don’t run while bending over pushing a wagon with kids in it. This was pretty early in my concealed carry journey.

2 Likes

I do not have a problem with my conceal firearms printing… I conceal off body using my Tommygunpack that also carries four extra magazines as well as my level 3 first aid kit, you may ask how can it be , well it has different compartments for each item and look like a tablet fanny pack, the way the belt is I can wear it in different ways for as the need requires. This is why it dose not print.

1 Like

Nah, In an open carry state there is no reason to tell someone. As I carry concealed, If mine accidentally shows it wont cause undo concern for me. But if someone should tell me I would politely thank them and move on. I tend to put the polite in the" Armed Polite Society" But of course in states that have brandishing laws as a fellow gunner I would consider it to be someone that’s cares and is concerned… But of course that’s not always the case

3 Likes

Never ran into that situation, I’d be inclined to not bother with it. Depends on the situation and person though.

2 Likes