Happy Veterans Day!

To ALL VETS. THANK YOU FOR YOUR SERVICE. And G-d Bless you.9673

8 Likes

Thank you vets. Got nothing else that hasnā€™t been said

7 Likes

:us: THANK YOU :us:

8 Likes

I was standing in line at the grocery fighting with my wallet to dig out a card I donā€™t use very often, every now and again just to keep it active and a gent behind me says ā€œYou look mighty young to have a blue ID cards in your wallet son.ā€
Still looking down I fired off my normal age response ā€œYes Sir, Iā€™m 21 with 32 years of experience.ā€
The man laughed and said ā€œThank you for your service.ā€
I looked up. and my normal reply fell out of my mouth ā€œIt was my honor.ā€.
Then I noticed the Vietnam Veteran hat and the Purple Heart, Bronze Star, and Silver Star medallions and MGySgt rank.
"Vietnam or are you wearing your Dadā€™s hat? (I am a smart A$$)
He went still then laughed ā€œ66, 68 & 70 Regular Marineā€
It took me a minute ā€œMaster Guns you may have never heard this before but Welcome Home!!! and THANK YOU for YOUR service. Navy Corpsman, 24 years. OBTW Happy Birthday a day late.ā€
The man looked like he was about to cry and I turned back to the business at hand.
As I finished I heard ā€œHave a great day Doc.ā€
You too Master Guns, Semper Fi

I had to hot foot it out of there because something got in my eye.

Cheers,

Craig6

12 Likes

One summer during college I worked with a black gentleman who had been orphaned in Texas and never got adopted, so when he aged out of the orphanage he joined the Armyā€”this was right after WW1ā€”and spent 20 years in the PI as a cavalryman. Just before the start of WW2 the Cavalry was disbanded and he was returned to the USA as a civilian.
He had some amazing stories.
God bless him and all veterans!

7 Likes

Thanks to all that have served

7 Likes

Thank you to all that have served, and serving now.

7 Likes

Thank you for your service!

6 Likes

In regard to thanking our veterans by reaching out to them, I would like to say that I am 73 year old, 100% disabled Vietnam veteran. One of my grandfathers was a marine/navy veteran and the other one was a full time fireman and exempt from military service. My father was a veteran of World War II, Korea, and Vietnam era. Both of my brothers were Vietnam era veterans. One served in the army in Germany as a surgeons assistant. The other was in the navy. He may or may not have ever been in Vietnam. His service record is classified as to where went and what he did. As for me, I am a paid up for life member of the American Legion, the DAV, and the NRA. There is a 30ā€™ flag pole my put up that flies Old Glory 24/7. My neighbors look out for me nowadays. One mows my yard (its not a ā€˜lawnā€™) and another offers to help with the minor home repairs that are part of owning an old home. So, to ALL the veterans out there, I say Thank You for YOUR Service.

9 Likes

To all Veterans :loudspeaker:

Thank you for your SERVICE & SACRIFICE. :100:

Iā€™m the oldest of 4 brothersā€¦ 1 brother served in the Navy & 1 in the Army.

Much RESPECT!

:v:t5:

7 Likes

Thank you for all you do and have done for myself and my family. We love each and everyone of you. Because of you we have the blessing to live in the greatest country in the history of the world. God Bless to all of you and yours

Chris and family

8 Likes

Veterans are strong, honorable, brave, giving and patriotic. They are respected and loved. They have defended our freedom and democracy. Any WWII vets would shead tears and wonder why their buddies diedā€¦for a cheating and underhaned election that the left are openly trying to take.

3 Likes

Welcome to the family @Diane8 and god bless you.

2 Likes

@Diane8, donā€™t worry donā€™t give up the Constitution is alive and well. Some of us Vets/Retirees may be long in the tooth, but the oath we took still rings true. We will always guard it to the best of our abilities.

5 Likes

What??? USMC members not accepted as veterans?? I served as a machinegunner (0331) with Echo/2/4 in Vietnam - 1966-67 and I am a Marine until I die. Too much shit happened to mention any of it. Bah, Humbug!

5 Likes

Thank you so muchā€¦Iā€™m glad to be here

3 Likes

Thank you Jerry1ā€¦Iā€™m over 60 as well. I will always love this country I was born in. I also love my Sig Sauer - lets hope I never have to use it.

5 Likes

I served in the Army from 1962 till 1965.

7 Likes

I served in the US Army beginning 1972. Does that count?

5 Likes

Absolutely, service is service and thank you brother @fox.

2 Likes