Happiness for a Gun owner is

Happiness for a gun owner is when…

you are going thru your ammo locker and find 3 boxes of 556 and 2 boxes of 9mm you didnt know you had. Merry Christmas.

Hope you don’t mind I edited your post just a bit to encourage people to add their “happiness” ideas, @Kenneth94! ~Dawn

22 Likes

Happiness for a gun owner is when a friend says, “I have a bunch of ammunition I do not need, Do you want them?”

21 Likes

I need that friend LOL

9 Likes

Happiness for a gun owner is when he comes back home with the same amount of SD ammo he loaded at the morning.

22 Likes

Happiness? My wife and family are safe, and healthy, today. I had a young man, a Vet, needing some 9mm to train with his new tool, I gladly accommodated. Only after he stated the rules of firearm safety. Nice young man!

13 Likes

It would be when his neighbor next door whos 80 years old and has no next of kin says, "I’m going to give you my gun collection and he has a nice collection of handguns and AR15s.

13 Likes

When you and the wife begin cleaning out the back bed room as it has been the go to “dumping ground” and realize that the “shelves” you installed that have been covered by boxes for a couple of years are actually ammo cans with 2x10’s on top and that they are all FULL!!! Along with multiple Christmas presents that were “lost”, the title to your truck and your missing DD-214.

Cheers,

Craig6

17 Likes

I know a guy who showed me a Luger. It seemed it belong to to his next door neighbor who was a WW2 vet. My buddy helped him take care of his house, shoveled the walk and made sure he was ok. One day he handed him a rag and in it was the luger. He said that since his family never helped him why should he give it to them . Sometimes being a good neighbor has it perks. My buddy didnt even know he had one. He is just the type of guy who helps people.

11 Likes

…because of Covid, you weren’t expecting to find guns & ammo at your LGS but, lo and behold, the shelves are full.

Ok, I’m only dreaming.

Dreaming is free :wink:

10 Likes

A venerable and readily available source of ammo.

Also, John Paul George and Ringo had something to say about this …

She’s not a girl who misses much
Do do do do do do, oh yeah
She’s well-acquainted with the touch of the velvet hand
Like a lizard on a window pane
The man in the crowd with the multicolored mirrors
On his hobnail boots
Lying with his eyes while his hands are busy
Working overtime
A soap impression of his wife which he ate
And donated to the National Trust …

There’s probably a few of us who remember the rest.

6 Likes

Happiness for a gun owner is…

Visual version

2020 reality:
A_20200831_05

19 Likes

Happiness for a gun owner is…

The smell of the gun safe when it’s first cracked open in the morning…

The sight of that 6" cube box on your doorstep that you recognize being from your online ammo dealer…

A IWB holster that’s perfectly molded after months of breaking in…

Watching a positive review on one of the guns you own reinforcing your purchase as a good choice…

The sound of a slide chambering a round…

The smooth glide spin of a revolver cylinder after cleaning…

The sight of your ammo cache stacked and organized neatly in ammo cans…

9 Likes

When my wife and son go to the range with me. I don’t shoot much if at all, but I’ll take it every time

8 Likes

The gun store has ammo…but only the stuff you dont have guns for. Also they have guns but not the ones you want or if they do the price is criminal. So unless you have you heart set on the single shot 410 or some strange Military rifle from some 3rd world country that has a family of desert spiders living it you are SOL>

8 Likes

@Kenneth94 ,

That accurately describes the current situation :man_facepalming:t4:

4 Likes

Happiness for a gun owner is trying to figure out where to go with your team for lunch and everyone decides to go to the range instead.

11 Likes

Happiness for a gun owner is finding out that the gun you have wanted for the longest time, just went on sale.

8 Likes

I believe the reference to a warm gun is not a firearm, but a heroin fix, bang, bang, shoot, shoot. Had to look up the lyrics as it is before my time (but not by much).

5 Likes

It was the second thing that came to mind after ammo supply. The song may also reference a jealous wife tracking her unfaithful husband

3 Likes

The smell of gunpowder.

The comraderie of a friend while helping each other through drills at the range.

A spouse with a defensive mindset.

The fact that the 2nd amendment exists.

8 Likes