Handguns for left handed people

I LOVE the Canik - fun and solid shooter, really nice grip, excellent round capacity, a lovely weight in the hand, reversible mag release, ambi slide lock, competition-grade barrel, set up for optics (or comes with them), and awesome geometry. Plus they’re very reasonably priced. Like you I have bigger hands. If you’re looking for concealable, look at the TP9 Elite SC. If you want a full-frame, get the TP9SFx, and you may want the spring kit (for the lower power spring, which solves any stovepiping problems if you have them).

1 Like

My ruger American has slide lock and mag release already ambidextrous ( functions well enough as a righty I can use it lefty without much difficulty)
I do have the full size w/o safety have yet to try compact or one with manual safety
And above all else it’s not a Glock🤩

1 Like

@Zee… do you have any “salesman” experience? :stuck_out_tongue: I’ve been reading your post about Canik firearms for last few months… and the only thing that keeps me away from buying TP9 is that I do have enough handguns to protect myself and my Family :wink:

1 Like

Ha! actually, in the big oil crisis in the … '80’s?.. I quit my engineering job to teach ball room dance lessons for a living. And that meant selling $60 an hour lessons in the biggest economic downturn in Denver’s modern history. :smiley: I think that might be sales experience :wink:

But mostly I just love what I love :grin: and y’all can try and resist the enthusiasm is you like :grin:

2 Likes

I enjoy my Beretta 92FS Compact, its mag release is easily switched for left handed use. It has an ampedixtreous safety, and i do believe the alide lock could be switched if wished, dont hold me to that one butbit appears as it could be.

1 Like

I’m new on here, but if you are still reading these posts, great.
I am right handed but have to shoot left handed. My favorite gun is the Taurus. I’ve always liked revolvers. To me they are simpler to understand, handle, n use either handed. I hope this helps.

1 Like

As a lefty, I went with H&K early. I started off with a P7M8 because it is fully ambix. Then I bought another, and then more and more HK because they design most of their pistols to be ambix.

1 Like

So you’re saying that the VP9SK is worth my further consideration (as a lefty too)? :smile:

1 Like

Absolutely! HK caters to more and more military customers who usually have a requirement for ambidextrous handguns—magazine releases and slide releases on both sides. I have about ten HK pistols and all but my USPc are ambidextrous. I have no idea why so many popular handgun manufacturers seem to completely ignore the lefty.

2 Likes

Me either… Like us southpaws don’t matter. That VP9SK is at the top of my short list for concealable handguns. I am out on a limb with H&K because this is Glock country around here. All the reviews I’ve seen & read are positive for the VP9SK. Thanks! :100::+1:t5::v:t5:

1 Like

H&K is very appreciated by left handed shooter all over the World.
They know how to satisfy us :+1: :fist: :handshake:

Me as left-handed, always recall - H&K made first polymer handgun not Glock :wink:

1 Like

HK if your life depends upon it. Glock for the range.

2 Likes

HK is a brand hard to find in this area.

@John150, H&K is always available at the best Gun Store in USA… not so far from you :slightly_smiling_face:

buds