H.r. 5717

Same applies to silence. It matters what you are silent about and how you are silent. Maybe your silence is violence.

If I see a mob ganging up on someone because they spoke their mind, I may not be on the side of the speaker, but I am definitely opposed to the mob. I don’t care if the mob is made up of street thugs or corporate CEOs. Americans generally like the underdogs, and don’t like bullies, even when the Constitution does not prohibit bullies from bullying.

1 Like

You can say whatever is you want. But when speaking to those that have a different idea or views then yours, you may want to adjust your approach. You and I most likely agree on a lot of things political, as I to believe that further investigation should be done on the voting irregularities we saw. But for those that don’t agree a different approach is needed. We are in a war on ideas and beliefs and if we hit with insults to those that don’t agree with us we will not have any dialogue with them, they will not listen. You can think someone is a fool and not say it and try to make them listen to you or you can say they are a fool and have them not listen at all, granted there will be ones that don’t listen no matter what and them you just shake your head and walk away. That was the point of the statement. If you don’t want to do the hard work of conversation and showing your ideas are better for the long haul then by all means keep doing what your doing and more and more of those that don’t agree with you will tune you out. Stay safe all. And stand strong for Our Constitution. Faith, Family, Firearms, Friends.

That’s a cute bumper sticker but isn’t particularly useful in advancing the conversation. Silence can also be opposition. Sometimes I remain silent because experience has taught me that when I join the conversation from a position of factual data and/or pragmatism, certain people from the outer ends of the spectrum feel it more appropriate to attack me personally rather than try to refute my ideas or further explain or promote their own. Also not useful for seeking just solutions.

1 Like

@Chris122 well it’s up to you to interpret my words wrong. I said I will not live my life as a fool. I never called him a fool.

so go ahead and misinterpret my words like the mainstream media does everybody else.

Yes I did say he lives in a bubble. But I never said he was a fool.

1 Like

Very well said and thanks for that. I don’t agree that any of us has to just shut up and take it. I wrote a letter to President Biden the day after the inauguration discussing gun control and based on his published plan. That is also a constitutional right, to petition the government for redress of grievances. We can play a constructive role in this, Biden is no dictator and congress, both houses, do not have unlimited power.

Someone might think that writing to the President accomplishes nothing. I think that if a million of us took the time to craft a letter, down on paper, and send it to the President, the administration would take notice. Same for congress. Write to the speaker/leader or to your own representatives/Senators. Make your letters respectful and courteous. It matters.

1 Like