Guns in the News: All Eyes on Virginia | USCCA Blog

Sic semper tyrannis. “Thus always to tyrants.” So says the great seal of the state of Virginia.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://www.usconcealedcarry.com/blog/guns-in-the-news-all-eyes-on-virginia/
2 Likes

I heard the Senate killed this bill this morning!!! Even the democrat’s said the bill was crazy

2 Likes

I agree with 2, 9, 812 and 1083. Each makes sense. Why not have a background check for the transfer of citizen to citizen? Both should be checked if you really want to know.

Why not report your gun stolen or lost? It is highly irresponsible to not do so. Increase the fine to $2500 and I’ll bet they are reported then. If someone used that unreported/stolen gun and kills someone, the murder is on your hands. Think about it.

If 21 is the legal age to drink, and to do other activities in this country, why only make this weapons left unattended rule for 18 year olds? Their brains aren’t fully developed and they are still doing stupid stuff out there. If they do so at such a young age, doctors and psychologist are getting them off because of that. If they are 21, and the brain is fully developed, then they suffer the consequences. The owner does too if not reported timely.

So, my understanding of this law (812) is that there would be a Zero-Tolerance policy on selling a gun collection (say an estate sale as just one example) or even a matched pair of dueling pistols would be illegal? If that isn’t “infringement” or just plain stupid, I’m not sure what if anything, could be considered (“to enter by gradual steps or by stealth into the possessions or rights of another”. Webster- not me).

2 Likes

@Ronald36 There is a lot of “just plain stupid” here in VA right now.

3 Likes

WOW :crazy_face: :crazy_face: :crazy_face:WOW :arrow_up:

1 Like