Gunny Doug's Range Rants

Range Rants from The Gunny

Don’t be “That Guy” when asked about your gun. You know,

“This gun? Why everyone knows that this is a Glock Hi Point ++p90 with a vented rolled hammered adamantium barrel and a custom trigger from Rip Off Enterprises and a very high capacity triple stack magazine with the 40 megawatt Shark Laser sight with custom grips stippled by a Recon SEAL Special Delta operator who did the same thing to her gun while on classified missions in the land of Willbeno…” (I’m only exaggerating a little bit.)

7 Likes

Oh is that all?

2 Likes

:laughing:

1 Like

Adamantium barrel? Why not the Unubtanium one? Is has better heat resistance.

2 Likes

Because then you have to upgrade to the 60 mega watt shark laser and that requires a BATFEIEIO $200 approval tax stamp and only 3 or 4 armorers have the approval to mount it on your pistol. If you were a US Space Force Door Gunner you can waive the mandatory training.

3 Likes

Looks like it’s my lucky day!

I’m certified for Hyperactive and Ludicrous Speed!

4 Likes

:sweat_smile:

1 Like

Ok - you all have to have other stories like that - let’s hear them!!

2 Likes

My favorite moment at a gun range.

I went to try a new zeroing procedure at the local indoor range. There was a group of younger men there shooting some ranged pistols. When I got out my AR they all thought I was some sort of spec ops guy. I shrugged it off and new what was about to happen. I had double hearing protection on and could hear their conversation and I watched them pull away their ear muffs when talking. So I waited the appropriate amount of time. And sent a few rounds down range and heard the screams and the unmistakable sound of a pistol hitting concrete. I secured my weapon with an ear to ear grin. They left holding their ears and I finished my shooting. Alone

3 Likes

Sooooo…do you know where I can pick up this gun? Cause it should be in my collection.

1 Like

The mom in me thinks you should have said something to them about their ear protection. The mom in me KNOWS they should have known better and the only way they were going to learn is by what you did. :woman_facepalming:

3 Likes

They were too big for their britches.

The owner was watching on the cameras. Thought it was hilarious and gave me a refund on ranges fees. That was for the zeroing procedure tho not helping young men learn a little life lesson

3 Likes

During my ccw qualifications, our instructor encouraged us to bring multiple firearms in various calibers. He documented any style/caliber we completed the qualification with. We had to do 8 hours of range time, and there were only 20 of us. When I got out my .357 mag he asked if I was shooting .38’s. Nope, full house, flame throwing magnums. He warned everyone it would be loud. 2 of the “tacticool” guys thought he was tanking their chains. They stood there, about 15 feet behind the firing line. He told me to fire 2 shots, then wait. So I did. Those two guys were yelling about their hearing. He used the next 2-3 minutes, to remind everyone why “eyes and ears” are so important at the range. One of the two guys, asked if he could try my revolver out. I obliged. I think he grew some instant chest hair from those 6 rounds. :grin:

3 Likes

I know my limits. I’m sure I can handle a hotter round but I enjoy what I shoot.

My sister in law went shooting with us in the woods and was shooting a 22 enjoying herself. We put her on the spotting scope and pulled out the 7mm. When that went off she literally fell off the stool and rolled about 25 yds down a hill. Its was all in good fun she had a great laugh and realized don’t base what a gun looks like on what it’ll sound like.

1 Like

:laughing: think that’d work for me too? :rofl:

1 Like

Sadly, no. It might give you an unexplained urge to eat bacon, and do donuts in the nearest field. That reaction is normal.

1 Like

Ok don’t threaten me with a good time @45IPAC:grin: it’s too late, I think I’m already there :rofl:
Maybe it’ll improve my axe swing… :thinking:
:laughing:

When I took my first pistol safety and shooting class. They said to bring a .22 to use for the class. I took mine. But others in the class had other calibers. A mom and son had .357 mags., one has a Walther p38, and a 1911. I also had then a CZ-52 chambered in I think 362-25 it was the European equivalent to a .357 mag. And I asked if I could fire a few rounds and was told that I could. And when I fired the first round everyone jumped because of how loud it was. And we were outside too. And one of the instructors ask if he could fire it? and I let him. and he seemed to like it.

1 Like

It only takes one time with a GP 100 When you want to test the feel of .357 magnums. But then I got a Glock.

3 Likes