Gun Left Behind by Accident

And demand a discount of some sort for the major inconvenience and stress.

6 Likes

Yup. The rental agent has you walk around the vehicle to check for any existing damage. Immediately after that you should check out the trunk, glove box, in and under the seats and under the hood. Have the agent deal with any items left behind then and there. If a weapon is left behind, insist that the agent call the police and provide you with another vehicle. Rinse and repeat…

4 Likes

Many great replies. But I think the best are stated by Zavier and 45IPAC.

4 Likes

On a 1911 with the hammer cocked with the handle towards, then i would check to see if the thumb safety/de-cock lever was set in the safe position

3 Likes

After checking that the weapon was safe and could not fire I would what was mentioned above

2 Likes

@Layton… would you really touch the firearm? :thinking:

3 Likes
5 Likes

I would be finding myself a new girlfriend or Significant Other, if they did that to me.

5 Likes

You got that right @Zavier_D !

&& IF lived here she would be charged due to having a gun in each specific church has special requirements.

I glanced at Georgia gun laws and saw nothing saying she could not have it but she does need help!

3 Likes

It sounds like she has some serious issues, @Zavier_D and needs help. I’m more concerned with the owner of the gun not locking up his firearms knowing she’s done things like this in the past.

5 Likes

DING DING DING :bell: :bell: :bell: :bell: :bell: :bell:
^^^^^^ @Dawn. Correct answer for $50,000. DOLLARS! :dollar: :dollar: :dollar: :dollar: :dollar: :dollar: :dollar: :dollar: :dollar: :dollar: :dollar: :dollar: :money_with_wings: :money_with_wings: :money_with_wings: :money_with_wings:

We will be right back after this commercial break! :rofl:

3 Likes

LOL :joy: your a funny guy my brother.

2 Likes

I would call the Police and advise them of the situation and being that it’s CA I would definitely call the USCCA to cover myself.

2 Likes

Welcome to the family brother and you are blessed to be here.

1 Like

This is a funny situation but could happen I suppose.

If it’s me or my gun, of COURSE I’m going to die for my gun :joy:

Just kidding! I would high-tel-it out of there! Call the cops and tell them of my stupidity.

2 Likes

When I get a rental, it’s for work travel, and usually long distance. I check the exterior with the rep and before I leave, I do a thorough inspection of the interior. I’ll even get in the trunk and pull the spare and whatnot… I have heard horror stories of there being a baggie from drugs in a door pocket, found on a traffic stop, etc.

2 Likes

I would use a cloth,not bare hands,and turn in to authorties to run it through system

1 Like

And what next?
If you are going to hand it over to Police, why to take the extra risk of:

• accidentally touching the firearm
  • walking with the firearm into the Police Station
  • playing with loaded firearm inside the Police Station
    :thinking:
2 Likes

No the smart thing would be to say go to the station and call to get a LEO nto come out to get the weapon,with you standing nas far as you can from it

So we’re coming back to the point when we either call 911 or stop by at the Police Station to report the firearm. Not touching it.

1 Like