Gun Control Voting Now in Legislature

We know that meetings are being had and bills drafted on Gun Control. What do you think the likely outcomes would be?

• AR15 bans?
  • No more 30-round+ mags?
  • “Ghost Gun” bans?

It does seem like there are more GOP on-board right now, so it’s worrisome.

6 Likes

Yup, bad people do bad things so let’s disarm the good people! Doesn’t sound like common sense to me.

11 Likes

A couple years ago in Vegas, we had a couple incidents where somebody drove up onto the sidewalk on the strip intentionally and killed a bunch of people. Don’t need AR15’s or guns for that matter to kill and hurt a lot of people. Consequently, NV didn’t ban cars on the LV strip and instead put up small concrete posts to stop vehicles from getting onto the sidewalks. #genius

8 Likes

A car on a crowded sidewalk is a far more efficient tool than a firearm. We obviously should ban all assault style cars! Only featureless cars without bumpers or metal exteriors should be allowed. And we must absolutely ban extended capacity gas tanks. Imagine how much safer we would be if everyone could only drive around with a gallon of gas. These murderers would have to stop and refuel more often before running more people down:/

Seriously though. Take away the guns and you are just going to see more people using other means. Just last week someone tried to bring a bunch of gas and other flammable stuff into a school. He was turned away and had to settle for running some kids over with his car. Obviously not the sharpest tool in the shed. But these manifesto losers who dream of killing innocents will come up with equally effective plans using whatever tools they can find. Right now news media and movies are fantasizing the power of firearms so that is where the delusional losers are focusing their sick fantasies.

There are a whole bunch of more sinister and effective ways to terrorize and murder innocent people than with firearms.

4 Likes

Wow and where was that in all of this news coverage? Of course, it doesn’t fit the narrative.

3 Likes

18 goes to 21…unless deployed :roll_eyes:
Armor restrictions… possibly
Mag cap restrictions… possibly

MACA…make America Connecticut again…'cuz Murphy is spearheading this, and that’s his idea of temporary compromise.

Seeing a lot of “ghost gun production” arrests in the news lately, so thinking everything may get a s/n from here on in…

2 Likes

My guess,
Federal Level background checks
21 to purchase any firearm and maybe even ammo
Red Flag laws at the Federal Level

The problem they have with AR’s and magazines is there are too many of them out there now.

4 Likes

Thats a good point on the AR and Mags. How can they even police that? Nevada State Police does get a copy of the FFL form, so they could get it that way. Mags would be impossible.

1 Like

10 Likes

Stop making sense :wink:

4 Likes

How do we stop this and how do we stand up to fight this mutny and destruction of
our Constitution ???

3 Likes

The goal here is not to police, but to make felons out of law abiding people. The goal is to create such a mesh of laws, that you cannot live a life of relative liberty without breaking them. Civilian arms is just a convenient starting point here.

2 Likes

Same way people refused to sign consent to receive multiple dozes of poison. Just say no. Dont need to do anything special. N-O.

2 Likes

9 Likes

How could they police it? VERY easy.

Make it a crime.

That’s all that has to be done.

Virtually nobody will ever use them for anything, ever again. They’ll be buried in the back of a closet, attic, basement, backyard, they won’t be used or accessible, nobody will take them to the range, nobody will train with them, nobody will use them for home defense, nobody will be willing to transfer them to others so if you didn’t have ___ when it was banned you won’t be able to get one to hide in the back of your closet to never see the light of day again, etc.

No but really the more likely scenario is a ban with “grandfather” and then get rid of them through attrition by getting rid of any possible way to transfer them, offering compensated compensation events (aka ‘buyback’), etc, slowly but surely

1 Like

Years ago I had a conversation with one of my daughter in laws. I said,
“Pretty soon half of the citizens will be felons. When that happens the government won’t know which half are felons and which half aren’t so they’ll lock us all up.”
Fast forward 20 years and look what’s happening. Change a gun law and make millions of us felons…

3 Likes

I don’t think congress will stop there. I think once they get that passed they will find ways to pass laws to take more guns away from us.

1 Like

5 Likes

I think Congress will push. Hopefully what happens is they push, get something passes, and SCOTUS knocks it down.

1 Like

At the same time, Congress strikes down bill that would provide security for SCOTUS justices. Looks like bullying from “peaceful protesters” is a factor desired by some to steer SCOTUS decisions.

1 Like