Gun control stats

4 Likes

Maybe we start a “criminal” study!
Common sense is no where to be found in that realm!

4 Likes

Exceptionally long article but definitely worth the time. My take away is that all gun control works. Muzzle control trigger control grip control they all help.

4 Likes

Yes, it’s a bit tedious but makes the point well.

2 Likes

Whenever the anti-gun crowd gets fired up it is most always about semiautomatic weapons and high capacity mags.

Below is from a study of mass shooting events in recent history. The table shows the event and the rate of fire (rounds per minute) for each. To achieve these rates of fire neither a semiautomatic weapon nor a high capacity mag is required. In fact, some of these rates could have been achieved with a muzzle loader.

Their agenda is not about gun control or magazine control. It is just about control (and their need to have a compliant and non-threatening populace.

• Virginia Tech: 15
  • Newtown: 15 – 31
  • Columbine: 4
  • Red Lake: 5
  • Oikos University: 6
  • Northern Illinois University: 8
  • San Bernardino: 7 – 14
  • Fort Hood: 21
  • Binghampton: 25
  • Aurora: 8 – 14
1 Like

When I look at it in terms of if a code saves one life or prevents even one person from injury, then a proposal or code has value or merit.

There are countless laws, some I personally agree with, some not. I still think our FA rights community is diverse, even if they might not all write their views here in this forum.

But I also believe most of us in this community have common ground, which can unite us.

2 Likes

I believe we all have common ground I think what unites us is when we civilly discuss our differences and make an effort to understand different options and make a decision toward a greater good in order to form a more perfect nation.

2 Likes

I think Robert1246 intended a little light sarcasm there.

The only weapons control I practice is the weapon that I carry and control,and the stupid laws that are passed are really stupid for one reason and that is that when a weapons crime is committed the person for the most has an illegal weapon by those same laws that are supposed to protect the citizens ,but the criminal does not care about the so called law, and if you call the LEO for the most part by the time they can get there,the issue is already over, and if you are armed then you might be alive to have the legal issue to go through,thanke for me to be a Texan born and raised here

2 Likes