Got in trouble at home

Just say: “That’s where that piece of brass I lost at the range went…it must have gotten caught up in my clothes and fell out when I was tidying up the kitchen for you the other day”… :wink:

7 Likes

@JamesR
Happy wife, happy life :blush:

3 Likes

Haha! I was loading some mags for a range visit and a 9mm round slipped out of the box and was in our bed. Why is there a bullet in our bed? Dunno, let me know when you figure it out baby. LOL!

2 Likes

I try to be careful, but more than once she has come back from the laundry room with a shell or an entire cartridge. Thankfully she understands and doesn’t give me too much grief about it. I found one of my reloads after it went through the wash and dryer. On a whim I kept it separate and was happy to see it fired normally at the range, validating my reload procedure. :roll_eyes:

1 Like

Out of the War Room, as it is called, where I do my gun work and reloading, there is a sneaky little critter that sneaks’ out. my primers that I have de-primed out of old casings. It is just like the peanut butter being left out, girlfriend knows that the cats are to blame! or is it, the cats get blamed? Damgd Cats! I have no idea how I get the primers into the hallway, They drop into the catch container and then they go into the garbage can! Unless the garbage can has a magical hole in it. If you reload, have you ever used your dishwasher to wash your gun parts or casings? It is not a good idea if you are not suppose to have guns or ammo in the kitchen. This might take her over the edge.

4 Likes

How about not stopping in the kitchen for a sandwich when you get in fromthe range…:rofl:

That brass could been stuck somewhere on your clothes. You open the drawer for a knife and the casing falls in.

VERY POSSIBLE!!!

3 Likes

This story reminds me of a scene in “The Simpsons” episode, “The Cartridge Family,” where Homer buys a gun. Marge is horrified and makes him promise to get rid of it, which he doesn’t do. Instead, he hides it in the vegetable crisper. When Marge finds out, she says, “Homer, you lied to me!”
He explains, “But I swear I never thought you’d find out!”

4 Likes

Back in the early 90’s, while a Reserve Officer for a small dept in central CA, I would occasionally use my personal car for undercover surveillance and such. One day I took the car to a car wash and told them to give it the works. When I went to get the car after they finished, I found my SS 1911 (that I normally kept in a hidden spot) lying on the console…having been vacuumed and polished! Talk about RED FACED!!! :hot_face:

I’m thinking I need to start a list of where I put things, so I’ll know where they are when I forget…but wait…that would mean I need to know where they are in the first place… Nah. Sucks to get old, I guess.
Merry Christmas (or Happy Holidays) to all y’all!!!

6 Likes

The car wash vacuum guys are always handing my rounds, boxes of rounds, casings etc. I think in the beginning they were surprised, not any more.

I have no doubt they think I’m some mafia dude though. I can look particularly menacing when I want. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I cannot believe the remarks I’m reading here, my wife would be pissed if there wasn’t guns and ammo all over the house. I couldn’t live with someone who acted this way towards me and guns.

My wife and I had a good laugh about it. She actually “owns” more guns than I do if you want to get technical about ownership. She does like a clean house though

Back when i was married i got caught powder coating projectiles in the oven … seemed like a good idea to me

5 Likes

Glad I’m single. No one at my house to tell me NO.

I’m very blessed with my wife. I still remember the day I was at a gun show. I found a really nice deal on a used Kahr 9mm. She had been shopping down the street and when we met up at the truck she asked what I had bought. Well less than two minutes after picking up my new 9mm, doing a safety/function test…she informed me that it was not my new 9mm but clearly meant for her. Been hers ever since. :cry:

5 Likes

There was no gun!
There was no ammo!
There was one brass case!
She was TOTALLY out of line!

2 Likes

Apparently she has studied under the NY transit cops…

That has happened to me twice! I feel your pain brother

And then there were all those hairs, skin cells all over the place, not to mention all the bodily fluids and trillions of bacterial flora . . . . Shovels full!

Admitting you have a problem is half the battle, brother. :rofl:

It’s only a problem if affects your “normal” life, if it IS your normal life it’s not even an issue!!!

Cheers,

Craig6

2 Likes